𝕊𝕚𝕩

Tuesday, October 7, 1975

September went by in a breeze and classes were starting to pick up. Dahlia spent more time in the library and studying as much as she could. She did her prefect duties and it did not go unnoticed when Remus didn't show up for patrol on September 20, the night of the full moon. When she asked Peter about it he said that he was feeling unwell. So she went on patrol by herself that day. October rolled in with the leaves starting to fall and the colors turning from green to orange, yellow, and red color.

Currently, she was in the kitchen past curfew, she couldn't sleep and dragged Peter out to make some cookies. She was teaching him how to bake but he wasn't much help.

"Pete just measure the flour out with this cup and pour it into the bowl."

"I'm trying Dia." He grumbled all while dropping the bowl on the floor. She laughed at him and he stood there looking defeated. She helped him clean up and started over herself.

"How have classes been so far Petey?" She cracked some eggs and mixed them in with the flour.

"Good so far, I'm having trouble in Transfiguration, but I like Divination." She looked back to where he was sitting on the table.

"That's good Pete, if you need help let me know I wouldn't mind helping you."

"Hey, are you coming over for Christmas this year?"

"Are you going to be around this year?" He quipped back.

"Ha ha, that was one year that I went to visit family. But yes I am."

"Yeah I'll go, we're supposed to head to James's house for New Years' though."

They talked about how their classes were going and then Peter told her stories about pranks they'd done. He always seemed happy talking about them. Which made her happy, but not about the fact that they always made him get detention.

"Honestly Pete are you going for a record? We just started the year and you already have detention?" He just laughed.

"Believe me I don't have as many as Sirius and James do. They do a lot of sneaking out themselves sometimes."

Dahlia was about to reply when three rowdy boys walked in laughing. Pete immediately hopped down from the table and stood in front of her hoping they would leave and not see her. The house elves quickly tried to offer their help to the students walking in.

"Just some cookies please and some milk," James said.

"And hot chocolate please," Remus added quickly.