𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

"Mission successful? Did you get the spell from her?"

"Well, no, we didn't get the spell from Evans."

"So, how was it successful?"

"That's beside the point."

Peter rolled his eyes. He could help if he wanted, Lily tolerated him a bit because he was best friends with Dahlia, and she was beginning to spend more time with them. While he felt happy that he no longer had to sneak around, he still felt like she was starting to pull away from him. Maybe he was overthinking it. So there he sat with the others, thinking of ways they could get the spell from her.

"You could ask her nicely." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Are you thick, Peter? Evans practically runs away at the sight of us, especially if James here," Sirius patted his shoulder, "is in the vicinity." and rolled his eyes at Peter.

"No, she doesn't." James crossed his arms. They all gave him a pointed look.

"So the solution here is to not have James with us when we ask."

"But what if she decides to cast the spell rather than just giving it to you? Then James wouldn't be able to understand her."

They all sat there bickering it back and forth.

"And Dahlia doesn't know it?"

"She said that Lily is the one that created it. Therefore no, she doesn't." Remus rubbed his temples from the growing headache of all this back and forth.

"And we just believe her?" Sirius crossed his arms.

"Why would she lie about it?"

"I just say we go ask Evans again." James smiled.

"She's going to say no." Peter rolled his eyes.

They changed topics and decided to shelf that conversation for another day. James and Sirius were planning a Halloween party instead, which they were excited about, for it landed on a Friday.

"So, group costume this year?" Sirius grinned.

"Well, Dahlia sometimes likes to have matching costumes with me."

"Seriously, Peter." Sirius looked at him in annoyance. It wasn't like it was a surprise, typically, James and Sirius matched costumes, and Remus didn't even want to dress up. So what was the big deal? They finally decided to do the group costume after Peter caved to do it with them.

"I'm going to meet up with Dia. I'll see you all later."

"Ooh, where? Can we go?" James looked up from his game of chess with Sirius. Peter sighed in annoyance. He just wanted to spend quality time with her without them present.

"Library."

"Seriously, when did you learn where the library was?" Sirius said casually.

"I've always known. I go with her all the time."