Chapter 35

Here I am...staring at the barrel of many guns once again.

I've been here before. I laugh to myself. "Time repeats itself."

Everyone looks at me. They weren't paying attention at first. "Confess."

"I have nothing to confess!!" I get snappy.

An old woman slowly comes twords the face and laces her fingers in the openings. "Blanca is not just one man." She scolds.

I scoff. "Your competition has nothing to do with me trying to keep hearts beating."

The cage door swings open. Blood storms in as angry as I've seen him. Before -during the fights- it was all fun and games. Their lives are in danger, this isn't the time for slick talk.

The sword screeches it's ripped from the sheath. The bright lights above my head force their way into my eyes. Curly strands of hair then cover some it. A chilling feeling trickles down my body when the cold steel is pressed against it. Blood looks down at me with a nearly unreadable expression. One thing is clear: bloodlust.

"Tallulah, you better start begging for your life! You've given me every reason to kill you." He spits through gritted teeth.

"Do what you will." She quotes the night they had sex. "Every birthday has a death day. I've told you all I know."

The steel presses tighter into her neck without dragging blood. "Yéyé! Wàipó! Wǒ huì shāle tā!" He yanks on my hair, causing me to groan in pain and shut my eyes.

(Grandpa, Grandma! Let me kill her)

He pulls my hair again. It feels as if I'll loose that piece of my scalp. "Gah." The bubble in my throat returns with my headache. "SSS!"

"Release her." Nia says.

Blood stares her down. "What?"

I watch Nia fix her white one-eyed mask. She stares at Blood back, her look being more sinister since she only has one eye out. Blood stares back with his black mask that covers everything but his eyes. It leaves just his eyes out and doesn't go past his cheeks. They battle until I gag.