Chapter 1: Saturday

It all started on a quiet Saturday evening in the summer; for a change, Fallon and Liam had no plans - well they were invited to a business party for CA but they had declined, realising that the whole manor would attend, leaving them with the place to themselves for the whole night.

It seemed like the perfect opportunity to grab a bottle of expensive champagne and fool around in the jacuzzi. Which is exactly what they were doing, until Sam showed up, back home early from his date with his ex-husband/ current boyfriend and interrupted the couple's evening.

"Hey, guys," He shouts, only metres away from them, a hand covering his eyes to shield him from being traumatised for life, "can you please stop whatever you're doing right now, I really need some advice."

Fallon, straddling Liam's lap and being the only one with a free mouth to speak right now considering Liam's is attached to her neck, glances up and sighs at the sight of her friend hovering at the edge of the pool.

"Can't it wait until tomorrow?" She shouts back, "We're kind of in the middle of something here." To further illustrate that point, Liam's hand slips over her ass cheek and squeezes, a signal that he wants more of her, and god she wants that too, which is exactly why Sam needs to get lost. Right. Now.

"No," His voice is demanding, clipped, unrelenting, "it can't wait so you better get less naked because I'm coming over there right now."

"Oh for the love of god," she mutters under her breath, rolling her eyes, and begins to climb off of Liam, but his strong hands keep her in place, the assault on her neck continuing.

"Liam!" She can't help the giggle that escapes her lips as his wandering fingers begin to pull on the string of her black bikini top, she's pretty sure that he's so lost in what he's doing that he hasn't actually noticed the exchange going on between her and Sam yet, so it takes pulling firmly on his hair she has her fingers carded through to get him to detach his lips from her skin.

When his eyes meet hers and she drinks in his dark eyes - his pupils dilated, and his pink, kiss swollen lips, the sight of which sends a bolt of pleasure directly to her core, she almost just dives straight back in; if Sam is going to be insistent about being here, then he is welcome to witness the show. But Liam must have seen Sam approaching the jacuzzi out of his peripheral vision and his mind catches up with the voices his ears had heard but his brain hadn't yet registered because he freezes for a second, his expression looking all adorably panicked before allowing Fallon to move to sit at his side.

"Oh, hey Sam, what's up?" He says, his tone suddenly casual as he stretches his arms out, his right hand circling around Fallon's back, pulling her in closer to him once she re-ties the knot of her bikini. She takes it upon herself to throw her legs over his crotch to hide the very visible hardened bulge under Liam's red swim shorts.

"He needs our advice," She says to him, her tone flat, making sure her disapproval of Sam's interruption is known, "apparently."

Once Sam reaches the couple he sits on the edge, twisting his body so that he can face them. It's only now that Fallon can truly see how dejected he looks - and for a brief moment feels a little guilty for not being more welcoming to her friend who is clearly in need.

"You look moody, did you break up with Ryan again?" Her question causes Sam to roll his eyes, appearing somewhat offended.

"No." He responds, defensively, "We're doing fine. Mostly... Sort of."

Instinctively, Fallon and Liam throw each other a quick glance, confirming that neither of them believes that things were 'doing just fine' with Sam and his new beau.

"Really?" Liam asks in a disbelieving manner, attempting to coax Sam into letting out whatever is clearly playing on his mind. The hotel owner looks uncomfortable for a moment as he thinks, as if he's weighing up the pros and cons of divulging his mind, and Fallon's patience is beginning to wear thin because why insist on needing advice and interrupting them if he is only going to sit there looking sorry for himself?