The Awakening

Swirls of elemental energy mashed together, mixed and swirled creating impossible combinations, sparkling with energy and light.

Few dared to step into the realm of Elemental Chaos, of unbound forces of nature and components of the mundane world.

For eons, the land, if it could even be called that, seemed to produce nothing but unorganized matter, the building blocks for the rest of the worlds to use.

The few who reached this domain, however, saw something in it, sensed a meaning behind the clouds of fire, air, water, and earth all battling each other for control. These venturers were dismissed as lunatics, those who can't separate their own mind from reality due to their proximity to the unbound chaos that they endured.

Perhaps, the travelers did lose their minds, or perhaps the Elemental Chaos did, in fact, intend to form a creature like no other; perhaps both, the world will likely never know, what is known, however, is that one day, after eons of formation, a creature has appeared out of the elements. A being of pure energy, one whose power begs to be explored.

The Child of Chaos opened its eyes.

Blue and shining, they saw through all, cleared the way. And though the Chaos was its home, the pure energy terrified the newly formed being, and so it ran, fled as fast and as well as it could.

Its eyes shone with the power it couldn't comprehend and through a rift in space it stepped into another world.

_____________

"Well, you see, I was thinking and, such beauty can't be ignored" Flynn's fingers slipped around a pretty chain hung loosely around the shop owner's neck, it had a pretty little dagger dangling off of it. What a beauty.

"Oh, well... Thank you, you know, you're not so bad yourself, but I'm afraid your pretty eyes won't be enough to get you a discount." The shopkeeper leaned closer, and Flynn felt his cheeks heat up more than he'd like to admit, the golden chain glinted in his hands, the fire of his hair reflected on it.

"I see you don't think very much of me since you assume I'm not genuine." He said.

"Oh of course you aren't, you didn't even bother to ask my name, darling." They replied. Flynn wondered how the word "darling" can feel so insulting.

"Well, what is it then?" He asked.

"Xylo, thanks for asking."

"Of course, no problem." Flynn grinned as his fingers finally unclipped the necklace and it slipped into his sleeve.

He pulled away from Xylo who looked at him from underneath those pretty lashes, he almost wished this wasn't all just to steal a piece of precious jewelry. Of course it's not like anyone was stopping him from taking a shot at it anyways, but he preferred to keep work - work, and play - play. It was better that way.

And either way, even if they did get together, then what, Xylo has a life here, and he's just a criminal on the run, he can't put them in that kind of positi-

"So, are you buying anything or are you gonna continue staring at me?" Xylo raised a brow. Shoot, he zoned out.

"I'll take an apple or two, thanks." He said.

"Alright..." The change in his mood must have shown, because the look that the shopkeeper gave him before reaching for the apples spoke of nothing but confusion. Flynn smiled at them, it was fine.

—----------

As soon as he stepped out of the store, he wanted to run and hide somewhere, he acted like a complete idiot, he should have pushed further, gotten a date maybe, but then again, he couldn't really, could he?