Look Who's Stealing Now

Flynn woke up to bright light and the sound of sea eagles. These little pricks, they were the only bad thing about the beach, well, except for water that is, always stealing things, dropping food in the sand- Wait. Sand?

The boy with flaming hair shot up, looking around. Why was he at the beach? Did he get kicked out again for theft?

He looked over to his right, there were footprints leading away from the stone he was leaning on.

Right...

He must have fallen asleep while waiting for the guy to speak up. Safe to say that never happened.

Haha, he finally slept with someone after all this time!

Flynn smirked. The best thing about jokes that you make in your head is that no one can tell you that they are trash.

But there's no one to laugh with you either.

Flynn shook the thought off, no point in ruining the mood.

His hand, as if with a mind of its own, slipped into the pocket of his shorts. It was meant to find a small metal dagger on a delicate golden chain, instead all it clung on to was fabric.

Flame boy looked around, a sense of worry building up inside him. How could he lose it so soon? It was in his pocket, it couldn't have just... disappeared.

He dug through the sand all around him, it was still cool from the night.

He spent another quarter of an hour digging around, searching for the missing jewelry but it was all futile. He must have dropped it somewhere else, or maybe the ocean took what truthfully didn't belong to him as a punishment for thievery.

Flynn sighted. What's done is done, there is no going back, so it's best to accept and move on. After all, it's not like it meant much to him, just some extra cash he could have made.

But alas, the sun was up, shining its brilliant beauty upon the water and the land, and Flynn too. It was time to get to work. Actual work.
The fire boy stood up, gave the ocean a departing glance and headed into the town. It was a weekday, the streets bursted with life, people chatting, laughing, and exchanging pleasantries all around.

Flynn navigated the town like it was his own, he generally had an easy time with directions and he'd spent a lot of time here. Perhaps too much time.

The smell of fresh pastry made itself noticed before the Bakery sign did. The Bakery that became his home for the time being.

Flynn opened the door and stepped inside, accompanied with a gentle ring of a bell hung up on the door. The smell here was so strong his mouth started to water.

There were all kinds of pastries on display, eclairs, potato piroshki, pumpkin pies, chocolate cakes, sweet buns. All of the smells blended together in a fantastic palette that made it impossible to leave the building without getting a piece or two of that indescribable goodness.

He wasn't an exception, and so as he walked behind the counter up to the lovely owner of the bakery he snached one of the eclairs from behind the counter.

"Hey! Shouldn't you be working right now?" Tanya looked at him with warmth in her eyes and a smile on her lips, she never really got mad. "Now that I think about it, someone here wasn't around tonight." She winked at him.

"I- It's not like that, I was just getting some fresh air and fell asleep on the beach, you know how it is, the place is really something else." Embarrassment washed over him like the water he couldn't come close to, he knew that this was just a joke but she still had no business saying this stuff to him.