Page 32: Battle Trail 2 - The Long Rotten Kinship

"You don't have to hold back?"

"What?" were the words Izuku responded with, out of nowhere his partner Setsuna dropped that statement on him minutes before their match was able to start and he does not know what to do with it. What was she even referring to?

His secretive seaweed-haired partner smirked back at him, saying, "You and Bakugo, Katsuki, or Kacchan, whatever you call him. You got quite a messy relationship right?"

"How did you–"

"I got an ear literally everywhere," Setsuna stated, taunting him by having her ear detach from her head and fly around poking at Izuku, "Not to mention, people here have loose lips. I can put together the pieces before these guys arrive at it two months from now."

Scratching his head, Midoriya mumbled, "So people are already starting to talk. Argh, I had hoped I could put an end to this beforehand. The semester just started."

"You still have time. That's why I say don't hold back, let it all out and air out all your dirty laundry with each other."

"I don't think this is the best place to put it all out there."

"Don't worry about it. Don't ask how but let's just say I know that the monitoring systems here will suddenly lose all its audio when our match begins. Making everyone, including all the other students and All Might, unable to hear what's happening. They can still see and exchange words buuuuuuut~" the silver-tongued woman gave him a caring wink, "It'll be a minor issue, not big enough to stop the match over. Perfect timing if you ask me to speak openly about a few subjects."

Stunned and not sure what to speak about first, Izuku settled on one pressing question, "W-why?"

"Call it my gift for being gone so long, just don't waste it, it's a one-time use only. No need to thank me," Setsuna then gets uncomfortably close to Izuku's ear before whispering, "I'm getting my compensation picking up the pieces and causing a little chaos along the way."

That's when without warning Setsuna subtly pecked Izuku's cheek and then winked, not at Izuku but a positioned camera behind him.

Exactly five seconds later, Izuku's communications get triggered with All Might on the other line.

"Young Midoriya what the fuck?"

Gapping from that statement even existing, Izuku replied, "Wh-what? What I do?"

As All Might spoke again, Izuku could tell he was whispering, "I know you're young and I'm the last person to speak on flirting with too many beautiful women at once but it's called timing! Also, I was under the impression that you and Miss Rumi were already a knot? Loyalty, commitment, and respect are key traits for being a hero and a good person Young Midoriya."

"A- That wasn't me All Might!"

"Midoriya, I'm looking at the monitor right now."

"I meant I didn't do anything! That came out of nowhere and there was nothing I did to provoke it!"

"I'll take your word for it. Unfortunately, I'm not the one you need to convince."

Rumbling could be heard on the comms

Swallowing a wad of saliva, Izuku asked "...Is it that bad?"

All on cue, Izuku overheard on the comms a familiar voice, "A WHORE IS WHAT SHE IS!"

...

"Yes," was All Might's reply, "But I'm sure she'll understand as long as you talk about it. Communication is important in a relationship."

*CRASH!*

...

"Good luck, Young Midoriya."