Chapter 1: Sweet Home

"I have killed no men that, in the first place, didn't deserve killing." - Mickey Cohen.

"Dearest sister," I press the earpiece closer to my ear as I lean down to check if my latest victim is dead

"Dearest sister," I press the earpiece closer to my ear as I lean down to check if my latest victim is dead. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" My words are tinged with mockery, a defense mechanism I've honed over the years.

"It's time." There's a cryptic tone in her words that provokes me with more questions than answers.

"Time for what?" I ask, my voice sharp with suspicion. Aiyla never called about personal matters and a simple text usually sufficed for Business updates.

"To reap what you sow."

I furrow my brow, trying to decipher her words. But before I can make sense of them, a searing pain explodes at the back of my skull.

"Fuck!" I gasp, stumbling forward as the room spins around me. I grasp onto the wall for support, struggling to remain upright. Blood trickles down the nape of my neck but I do not let the pain slow me down.

I blink away the blurring vision as I turn to face the attacker. The hench, bald man stands before me, dumbfounded that I haven't succumbed to unconsciousness. Underestimating a person based on their size was a dangerous game. Muscles did not equal strength.

Unbothered by his frame, I stare him down as I take a step forward with confidence. My eyes focus on the Glock which is smeared with my blood. The sight of it triggers something deep within me, a fierce rage fills me and I feel my muscles tense. 

Gone were the days of broken ribs, bruises, and bloody wounds.

With a swift motion, I lunge forward and strike the attacker in the chest with a powerful blow. He stumbles back, clearly taken aback by the force of my attack. I press on, striking him again and again with ruthless efficiency. Each blow feels like a release, a way to purge the pain and fear that's been building up inside me for years.

I refuse to show mercy as the man crashes to the ground, defeated and bloody. I pounce on him, my hands wrapping around his neck. Years of fighting experience and training have made this second nature to me. 

I feel his pulse quicken beneath my fingers, but I do not let up. I apply more pressure, watching his face pale and his eyes bulge. With one final squeeze, he goes limp beneath me. I release him and step back, allowing myself to take a deep breath.

I do not feel any remorse for what I've done. He attacked me, and I defended myself. It is just as simple as that.

As I pat down the lifeless body, searching for any clues or information that might lead me to who was behind this latest attack, I remain unfazed by yet another attempt on my life. It's been a recurring pattern for the past two years, every time I move to a new country, someone tries to kill me. But I'm not just another pretty face waiting to be taken down. My reputation precedes me far more than that.