how she misses her

"What do you want?"

Wanda's hands stilled in her hair and she gave Natasha a confused look, "What do you mean, dorogoy?"

"I mean," Natasha sat up, taking Wanda's hands in hers and taking her girlfriend's facial expressions into careful consideration, "We're not going to be on the run forever. This will end someday. What do you want out of our future?"

Wanda hummed, letting Natasha play with her fingers as she thought. Eyes flicked back at Natasha from their spot on the wall, "I want to get married."

Natasha's heart lept, "Really?"

"Of course," Wanda reached out and moved Natasha's hair out of her face, "I love you. And I've always wanted to get married, I just didn't know who to until recently."

Natasha's cheeks warmed, "Well, I'm glad that's not one-sided."

Wanda smiled, "What about you? What do you want?"

Natasha shrugged, bashfully looking down at her hands still entangled with Wanda's, "Recently... I've really wanted a kid. I think I've always wanted one, but... I don't know," a too-big smile crept onto her face, "I just... I want to give a kid the life I never could have and the love I never had."

When she looked to Wanda, she could see the same smile reciprocated, "Do you want kids?"

"Pietro and I used to talk about it," she let go of one of Natasha's hands, "we thought that... y'know, we'd get out of Hydra, be free... start families and we always assumed that I'd end up having kids first and he'd be like five years behind," Wanda laughed, and Natasha could see the tears in her eyes, "I think he was right. Even if he were still alive, he still would've been single and probably making fun of me for being in a relationship."

Natasha gently reached out and wiped away her girlfriend's tears with her thumbs, "He's probably making fun of you up there."

"Probably," Wanda nodded, smiling.

They were quiet for a few minutes and Natasha flopped back down on the bed, resting her head on her girlfriend's shoulder, "Would you really want kids with me?"

"Of course," Wanda smiled, "You'd be a great mom, Natasha. I don't think there's anyone in this world I'd rather have a family with."

Natasha smiled softly, burying her face in Wanda's shoulder and squeezing her eyes shut when she felt them go teary.

"You okay?" Wanda asked softly, and Natasha could feel her start gently playing with her hair, "I didn't say anything wrong, right?"

"No," Natasha murmured, moving her head so she could look at Wanda, "I love you. So much. Sometimes I just... I guess I forget that you love me, too."

"Oh, detka," Wanda pressed a kiss to her forehead before gently raising Natasha's face to hers and kissing her fully, "I love you so much, too. Maybe more. And I'm not going anywhere anytime soon, so I'll make sure to remind you every chance I get."

Natasha smiled, kissing her again before wrapping her arm around Wanda's stomach and snuggling ever-so-much closer.

"You know," Wanda played with the ends of Natasha's hair, "I really can't wait for this to be over and you to be a redhead again."

Natasha furrowed her eyebrows, "You said you liked the blonde!"

"I do!" Wanda insists, "You're meant to be a redhead though, dorogoy. And to have long hair, I miss braiding it."