how anya fits in

If Anya thought that seeing Yelena with one person was weird, she doesn't even know how to begin to describe how it is to see Yelena completely in her element.

She bounces between her sister and her sister's girlfriend - the Scarlet Witch, Wanda Maximoff - and even ends up talking to the girl she keeps calling Kate Bishop when everyone else calls her Kate. Maybe she'll ask about it someday.

There's also Yelena with the kids. Their names are Lila, Cooper, and Nate, if she's not mistaken, and they all have very individual personalities. Cooper's quiet, only really talking to Natasha and his mother and Lila. Lila acts like the oldest, but that's quickly disproven when she and Cooper bicker about something and he pulls out the "I'm older" card. Nate spends most of his time with Kate or Wanda, perched in their laps and listening quietly to their conversations. He's almost like Cooper, but he's much more willing to conversate.

Yelena also spends a good amount of time talking with Laura, and their body language reminds Anya of a mother-daughter duo even though Anya knows there's no way they're actually related.

There are two sections of the house that everyone's crowded around, one being the kitchen where the pizzas that were bought are laid out on the counter for anyone to take from. There are four boxes, Anya doesn't think she's ever seen that much pizza in her life.

Then there's the living room with the big TV. The TV is on quietly as to not disturb the chaos too much, and there's a movie on. She's not sure which one, but it's kept her attention for long enough where she can't complain about it.

"Hey," Anya looks over and the person who's talking, Lila, "do you wanna play something?"

What is it? Anya signs, a little wary. She hasn't played anything in years.

"It's a Wii," Lila shows her the little red box in the TV stand, hitting a button and changing the TV to display the game on it, "Every time there are a bunch of people over, we play Wii Sports. It's kind of a tradition."

Anya shrugs, accepting the controller when it gets put in her hand and following Lila's instructions.

She thinks she forgot what it felt like to have so much fun.

-

"She's young."

Yelena looks up at Kate, who's settled herself at the table next to her. It's surprisingly absent with Natasha, Wanda, and Laura crowded around the island in the kitchen and Clint and the kids in the living room.

"She is," Yelena replies, looking back at Anya in the other room. She looks to really be enjoying herself.

"You said most of the widows are in their twenties," Kate says softly, her eyes focused on Anya now too, "Hasn't the Red Room been down for years now?"

"It's a miracle that she's made it this long, if that's what you're getting at," Yelena glances back at her.

Kate nods, fingers tapping against the soda bottle in her hands.

Yelena looks down at her hands, twisting the ring on her thumb, "How have you been?"

Kate shrugs, "That feels like a loaded question."

"It is," Yelena says, unable to help the feeling swelling in her chest at Kate being so close to her once again. God, she really did miss this girl.

"If you're looking for a badass answer, I'm gonna need some time to think of one," Kate says, a little smile on her face that sends the warm fuzzy feeling in Yelena's chest into a frenzy. "The real answer is that it was a breakup."

"I'm guessing lots of moping," Yelena comments, and Kate laughs.

"Lots of moping. A couple of bad decisions. Peter and Clint had to whip me back into shape," Kate confesses, some kind of somber expression on her face, "but I met a new friend along the way, Charlie, you'd like them, I think. Peter likes them."