how it's not really a party

Before Yelena can answer Natasha's question, Wanda and Laura pile out of the house, Lila hot on their heels. Fanny and Lucky are still reacquainting with each other and Yelena can't help but feel overwhelmed. Maybe she should've gone to the city first.

She glances at Anya, who's wearing the absent expression that all the girls in the Red Room were taught. It gives nothing away, but Yelena can't help but want to keep everything calm.

"Yelena."

Natasha's voice brings her back to her senses, and she finally answers her question, "Я дам вам подробности позже." (I will give you the details later.)

Natasha doesn't seem to like that answer, but she nods nonetheless and mutters a quiet мудак under her breath.

"Where have you been?" comes Laura's panicked voice, eyeing her down with that mom look that makes Yelena kind of want to curl in on herself and beg for forgiveness.

"Um," she waits until everyone's in earshot, "I was called to help rescue a widow. This is her, her name is Anya," she gestures at Anya, who still hasn't really given any sort of physical reaction to anything, "she's fifteen. Sonya can't take care of her, so I was the only other option."

"The Red Room was taken down five years ago, how did you find such a young..." Natasha trails off, obviously a bit overwhelmed, "how long were you in the Red Room?"

"She doesn't like talking," Yelena interjects, moving a bit so Anya's closer to her, "and I'm not going to push the issue."

"Jesus Christ," Natasha mutters, shaking her head and sighing. She glares at Yelena, "We're talking later."

"Uh-huh," Yelena rolls her eyes, composing herself again when she catches Laura's eyes on her.

"How have you been communicating?" Laura asks, "Sign?"

Yelena nods and she continues, "Okay. Well, Kate's here and taking the guest room, so you and Anya are going to have to bunk up at Nat's. Can you two handle that?"

"Yes," the two of them say sheepishly.

"I don't know about that," Laura comments, "Wanda, how about you and Lila take Anya inside for something to eat? I need to talk to Tweedledee and Tweedledum."

"Hey!"

Laura only glares at them and they both shut up once again.

"Wanda, I don't know your background, but I know that Lila knows sign, so you shouldn't have a hard time communicating," Laura says, "Go. I need to talk to them."

Wanda and Lila gently lead Anya towards the house, both of the dogs following them at the promise of treats. Fanny really is a little traitor.

Laura eyes them when the others are safely inside, "One. You two need to talk your shit out. Two. Yelena, you need to figure out some stability for that girl. You know best in this situation, so I'll let you lead it, but you need a plan. Three. Nat, you need to calm down. You know what it's like escaping the Red Room and you need to keep a level head before you freak her out or the kids out. Heard?"

"Heard," the two women nod, still casting side glances at each other every couple of seconds.

"Okay," Laura's eyes fall on Yelena this time, "Kate's here. She's with Clint in the barn, I'm going to tell them you're here. You both seem like you're doing better, but I don't need either of you to take steps back right now. Know your limits. Got it?"

Yelena nods and Laura nods back, "Good. Now talk. I'll be back."

She walks off towards the barn and it's quiet between Yelena and Natasha. Yelena sure as hell doesn't want to talk first and she highly doubts that Natasha wants to start.