Chapter 12 - Conflicting Confessions

A/N : Sorry for not updating yesterday 😭 I was a little busy and I didn't have time to sit down and write 🥺 Hope y'all forgive me with this update!

Anyways, just wanna say that I may not be updating this daily now due to my busy schedule and also starting the MacauChayKim side story! I'll definitely still actively upload though, just depends on which story 🥰 So make sure you add both books into your library!

See you guys tomorrow ❤️

- 12 -
Conflicting Confessions

PETE'S POV

Everything became a blur after what Vegas said. All that was replaying in my head was that sentence.

"Come back tomorrow. You'll help me in the shower until I can walk again."

How can I handle that for the next few weeks?

What if his injury doesn't heal for months?!

Which brings me back to wondering what injury was that. I caught many glimpses of it when I was taking off his pants. It looked very deep.

I didn't even notice P'Zee who was standing guard outside of Vegas's room until he grabbed my arm as I walked out.

"Aowh, Pete!"

I pulled the breaks on myself and stumbled a little backwards.

"P'Zee, you're here," I stood there, clothes and my bangs slightly wet as I still had the towel in my hand.

I could tell my face was red, because even being in the air-conditioned room, I felt heat everywhere on my body.

P'Zee locked eyes with me, his hand not letting go.

"What happened to you? Your clothes and your hair... it's wet."

He's worried again.

And I can't tell him about what happened. P'Nop told me Vegas's condition was a secret.

I sighed and for the first time, I lied to P'Zee, "It's nothing Phi, I'll see you later when your shift ends!"

And with that, I got out of his grip and dashed through the hallway, ignoring any possibility for him to say what he wanted to say next.

VEGAS'S POV

"How much longer do I have to stay in here?" I was beginning to whine. Though these past few weeks I've gotten to sit down and truly plot my revenge, everything else was difficult for me.

"Long enough for the public not to suspect your injury has anything to do with your parents, Vegas," Uncle Korn said as he took a sip of his coffee, sitting across from me at the coffee table in my room.

I sighed.

"Nop will spread the news that you hit the edge of a sharp table in your room in a week and injured your thigh because it cut into your skin deep, then you'll be able to show yourself in front of others afterwards."

Excuse me?

A person like me?

Careless enough to hit the edge of a table and injure my thigh??

What am I, five years old?

"Uncle, does that even sound believable to you?"

"We can say it was the middle of the night and you couldn't find your way to the bathroom."