6. Havoc in happiness

There were only 2 hours left now, in the time period given to Abhimanyu of 24 hours to let the truth out.

The families had shifted to the palace, where the destination wedding would take place.

Neil Birla looked at the continuously ticking clock infront of him on the table beside his bed. Every passing second holding it's own cruciality. He wondered how Aarohi's reaction would be, He planned how he would confront his side of the story infront of everyone and he thought about how he would console and encourage Aarohi further. He wondered if it would affect their friendship? He wondered if Aarohi would fail to understand him.

"Pata nahi Chipkali kya karegi." Neil said laying on his back facing the roof.

"Bro, I hope you know what you have to do."

Neil texted his brother.

"What does Aarohi mean to you Neil? Jo tu uske itna sab kar raha hai?"

"Uske jagah koi bhi hoti, to mai yahi karta.".

Though Neil replied that way, he wasn't sure about it, if it would be anyone else, he would have done the same but- He smiled thinking about how Aarohi scrunches her nose and shows her palms stiffly when she would dislike something. He smiled wide nodding his head sideways thinking about how she would flare her nose and show her index finger when she would get angry. He grinned thinking how Aarohi laughs carefreely and how she smiles with her eyes. An epitome of Beauty.

"Aarohi" Neil took her name subconsciously still grinning. "Koi bhi hoti to mai uske liye bhi stand leta lekin itna sab nahi karta jitna tumhare liye kiya hai, Chipkali. Tumhe haste huye dekhta hu to mujhe khud khushi milti hai, aur ye sirf sympathy ya friendship nahi ho sakti." Neil continued scratching the back of his neck, pressing his lips together, afraid of the answer his heart was screaming. He paused with a huff and focused back on the upcoming drama just when he heard the ring of an alarm.

__________

Aarohi Goenka who was busy staring at her wedding outfit, suddenly heard a ringing noise and she got out of the room, bumping into him.

"Ouch!" She heard Neil cry and she immediately got up pulling him up by his arm.

"Chamgadar! Yaar kitna takrate rehte ho tum." Aarohi said dusting herself. While Neil just chuckled.

"Kya hua? Apni chamgadaron wali line nahi sunaoge, 'Mai sabse nahi sirf tumse takrata hu, aur pata nahi kyun'." Aarohi chuckled back mimicing him. "Pata nahi kabse itna janne lagi hu tumhe." Aarohi continued and Neil suddenly blushed.

"Aaj ladna nahi hai iss Chamgadar ko?" Aarohi snapped him out of his trance.

"Pata nahi kyun, aajkal tumse ladne ka man nahi karta." Neil pouted raising his brows.

Aarohi opened her mouth to utter a reply when the alarm rang again. Both Neil and Aarohi gave each other a glance before running in the direction of the ring.

Neirohi reached the hall to find everyone including Abhimanyu, a strange seriousness dissolving into the atmosphere.

Before anyone could react, Abhimanyu held the disturbed Akshara's hand and looked fiercely into everyone's eyes.

"Mai aur Akshara ek dusre se pyaar karte hain." As soon as Abhi uttered the deadly words, everyone's mouths remained ajar except one, Neil, who fisted his palms gathering all the courage he has.

The elders, especially Manish Goenka and Harshvardhan Birla questioned Abhimanyu whether he was in his senses. Abhimanyu Birla stood adamant, the inquiry then passed onto Akshara and she nodded her head in affirmative when the direct question was asked, 'Do you love Abhimanyu?' and Akshara continued crying holding her head.

The families were lashing out at each other, degrading each other's upbringing, defaming each other's name and blaming each other.

Neil, admist the havoc, held Aarohi's palm. She looked at him with her blank features as Neil couldn't help but gulp at the sight of her devastation.

Aarohi shrugged his hand off her and climbed upstairs to her room closing the door behind. Neil followed her and began banging at the door, requesting her to atleast speak up something.

After a good time of 20 minutes, the door finally opened and Neil gradually took steps inside afraid of the sight he may experience. He found Aarohi sitting on the floor, in a corner, curled up like a ball, hiding her face and hugging her knees along with a photoframe.

"A-Arrohi?" Neil hesitated as he tried to hold her. "Please look up at me, please." And Aarohi obeyed him, she lifted her head with bloodshot dry eyes and expressionless features. Neil took a close review of the face and spotted dry traces of tears on her cheeks, her lips still slightly trembling.

"Aarohi, tum theek ho?" He asked after a debate within himself. She just blinked her eyes in response, still no improvement in her reaction and asked, "Tumhe pata tha?"
Neil gulped listening to her heavy cracked voice. He just nodded his head longitudinally and as soon as he did, she pushed him away.

"You knew it, still you let all this happen? Engagement? Mehendi? Sangeet? And even haldi? You kept quiet, how can you do this Neil? Matlab, tum jo itne acche ban rahe the, itne din se, it was just out of sympathy? You only were trying to satisfy your guilt, weren't you?" Aarohi raised her voice all of a sudden. Neil was taken aback at her statement and reaction, never in his life he had faced such wrath.

"Na-Nahi Aarohi, what are you even saying?"

"Just Leave me Alone!" Was the last sentence she said before she pushed him out and closed the door again. Neil stood infront of the door, giving justification of Aarohi's hurtful words to himself, "Vo gusse me thi Neil, she didn't mean it. You know her right? She isn't this way, ofcourse you know her. You love her right, don't misunderstand her." 
He suddenly realised what he just said, "I love her? I freaking do." He rubbed his face with his hands roughly, punching the wall infront of him.

"I'm damn in love with you, Aarohi Goenka."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

To,
@_blueslays_,

It was my fault,
All my fault
That I trusted the world again
That I believed the world to be kind

Pleasure of love and trust
Is for a moment
But the pain of love and broken trust
Is for lifetime

How did I even believe
The people around me
Were my well wishers
Me being happy, is something none could see

I was right, when
I used to think
The world is a deep dark ocean
And a kind ship here always has to sink.

P.S not in my senses. I hope this poem works. And yes, I just read your poem from yesterday. Dude, you're in love. That girl must be so lucky, unlike me *chuckles sadly*.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

To,
@_writerrohi_

I didn't realise how
She entered into my world
As well as in my heart
Being the person who'd rule it.

I knew she wasn't
Made for love ever
But still how did I even
Fall for her?

I liked her,
I knew it, but I didn't know
I liked her to this extent
Such that now I can't see her sad a bit?

I'd always dreamt
To fall in love
Now that it's fulfilled
I couldn't confess to her, anything above.

You are right, I'm in love with her, with the one who caged herself in her own mind. She hid herself under the walls of her heart, And I always had the curiosity to know her. But Never had I thought, I'd fall in love, once I get to know her.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A/N:
Ik it's sad, but just remember,
'People who experience the heat of sunshine the most, will be the one to experience  happiness the most too, when the rains come.'
Just give the time, some time.

Thank you!