15. The Ending

Colourful Abstract paintings, dim-lighted table corner, the huge book shelf, Vanilla scent blended air, his huge pictures on each wall of the room and him. Aarohi wiped her tears secretly as she captured every pixel of the room, their room in her eyes forever.

Aarohi Goenka who was to get married to Abhimanyu Birla, unacceptingly and strangely marries his younger brother, Neil Birla, whom she claimed to be her bestfriend. She then blames her husband for every thing that happened to her and hates the situation she was in, but then when she gets to know the reality, she develops a soft corner for him, makes friends with him and thinks about giving the accidental marriage, a chance. But then, one fine day, she realises she loves her husband, the happiest day of her life, the most beautiful emotion she ever felt, she fell in love.

Aarohi Goenka changed herself to Aarohi Goenka Birla, Dr Aarohi changed herself to Mrs Neil, the arrogant Chipkali changed herself to Nice wali, Wife Chipkali. But still, Aarohi Goenka Birla had a drawback in her character, she felt scared, scared of losing him. Aarohi lacked courage to confess her feelings.

She hugged Manjiri, her mother as she walked towards the entrance of the mansion. When, Aarohi told about her decision to leave for Mumbai at the first hour in the morning to her husband, his reaction was unbelievable.

As soon as Aarohi with her faded features declared her decision, Neil gave her a wide, pressed lip smile, nodded his head and just walked away. Like he didn't care? Or who knows, he was the one, most concerned. But Aarohi failed to see his dark eyes. She failed to notice, his smile not reaching his eyes. She failed to recognise her love, she failed to confess it, she failed. Aarohi Goenka Birla failed.

She closed the door of the cab and shut her eyes, stopping the flow of tears in mid way. What's all this happening? She looked at the building until it was out of her sight and waited till the last moment before she reached the airport for Neil.

"Mujhe rok lo, Neil." She whispered, looking at the hustle bustle filled yet empty road infront of her. Was this, the end of Our story? No Neil. Please stop me.

____________

Neil Birla, who stood at the entrance of his room, looked at every corner of it with a blank face. Every single corner held a memory, a memory of her, a memory of theirs. Them! Just them, this room and their Unsaid words, Untold stories, Incomplete sentences, Unexpressed emotions, and never confessed love.

Neil was having a tough time, thinking about Aarohi and her decision, why wasn't Aarohi speaking to him about the letter? Why wasn't she talking about it to the family? Neil couldn't really understand his wife at that moment.

But everything came to sense, the second she declared her decision to leave. To say, Neil was heartbroken won't be enough, he was more than that, disappointed, depressed, devastated. The whole family was shocked. Manjiri had stood, holding her heart. This was unexpected. The elders just brushed it off saying, Aarohi always loved her career more than anything. And Abhimanyu and Akshara sat still, unable to digest the truth.

Neil secretly watched her silhouette fade away. He so wished her to stop, to stop at the moment. "Ruk jao, Aarohi." He whispered with trembling lips as tears rolled down his cheeks. This can't be the end of Our story Aarohi. Please stop.

__________

Aarohi heard the announcement for her flight, and checked her luggage the last time, as soon as she got up to leave, Akshara's call disturbed her. Aarohi didn't want to attend anyone's call. She wanted to be alone at the moment. She ignored the call, waiting for the rings to stop. And as soon as it happened she decided to switch it off, but- But, Ladies and gentlemen hold your hearts, Aarohi started clearing the unseen notifications out of which, Wattpad was the one.