13. When Realisation hits

Abhimanyu Birla blocked Neil's way as he entered into the Birla Mansion with his wife.
"We need to talk." Abhimanyu said calmy.
Neil looked at Aarohi and nodded his head assuring her while she nodded back leaving to her room.

Abhimanyu pulled up Neil upstairs to his room and stood before him seriously,

"Bro, what did the families conclude? Are they going to accept you and Akshara together?" Neil asked, once they were in the room.

"Listen, Neil, I'm your elder brother. I just want the best for you and Aarohi-" Abhimanyu began uttering his words clearly, ignoring Neil's queries.

Neil with a huff replied back, "Bro, not about her again." To which Abhimanyu asked him again keeping his cool, "Neil, I just want to know what you want."

Aarohi, who couldn't be patient, hid outside Abhimanyu's room to overhear the brothers' conversation.

"Bro, I just want everyone to be happy. And everyone also includes Aarohi." Neil replied confidently.

"Everyone also includes you, Neil." Abhimanyu calmly placed his hands on his brother's shoulders.

"Bro-" Neil shrugged his hands off him while Abhimanyu placed it again, "Answer me, Neil. What do you want to do with your life?"

Neil who was now pissed off began, "I want to live my life with Aarohi, if this what you wanted to know, please let me go." Abhimanyu slightly smiled, which was so unusual of him and gripped his hold upon him now.

"Just not this Neil, I want to know what you both are upto? Is Aarohi ready to accept this marriage?" Abhi inquired, scrunching his brows.

"Bro!" Neil sighed as he looked down and Abhi stood aback, "So she isn't " he said and looked away.

Aarohi who was standing outside the room, fisted her palms. Why was Abhimanyu suddenly so interested into them?

"So what, if she's taking time. We should understand she's fighting her own battles every second." Neil said looking at Abhi.

"Not just she, everyone is, Neil. Everyone is. But she has to always show it off." Abhimanyu replied.

"Show off? Bro, you call this show off? Just as she doesn't get panic attacks like Akshara, doesn't mean her mental health is good, and just because she smiles and laughs doesn't mean she's not depressed. Bro, she has suffered the same trauma, how can a person just forget it so soon? In fact, Aarohi is brave, she's really brave to face it all alone-"
Neil stated facts.

Aarohi gulped the lump formed in her throat as her eyes got moist. She took deep breaths to calm down her racing heart and just ran to her room closing the door behind.

She knew Neil always supported her, he fought for her, but seeing him do it infront of her own eyes, gave her the peace of world.
"Neil!" She whisper took his name, as she hid her face with her palms. No one had ever did this for her, no one. It was Neil, after Akshara who knew Aarohi so much, who could see her insides, who knows what's going on in her mind, who knows every damn thing about her.
Neil understands her the way, no one does.

Someone who can be the rain to your droughted land, someone who can be the blossomed flower in your lifeless garden, someone who can be the sunshine in your sky filled with dark clouds, someone who could hold onto your hand and walk beside you the whole life, who would catch you instantly when you trip, someone who can handle you when you are tired. Someone who's only made for you. Everyone needs this someone in their lives, and Aarohi has him.

The dim light displayed on her phone screen distracted her from the trance and she clicked at the notification that popped up.
"Blueslays"

'I doubt sometimes, him to be the person you love, Is he really just your bestfriend? The way you get affected by his behaviour, the way you talk about him, write about him, feel for him, don't you think it's something else.'