𝟏𝟎|𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐳𝐞𝐬

𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐎𝐍

𝐓𝐞𝐧⊰᯽⊱┈──╌("𝐿𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑛 𝑏𝑜𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡𝒉𝑒𝑟.")

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ ¤ ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

── ✦𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 in the Jackson household, Seth had wanted to ask one thing, and it bothered him so much that he just barely managed to keep the question to himself.

Why blue cookies?

It was like an itch he couldn't quite scratch, and the more he held it in, the more it bothered him. The question lay heavy on the tip of his tongue, and he was scared it would spill out of him every moment he sat at that table with them.

He has always been a defensive person, especially to all things foreign to him. Seth had very rarely experienced a mother's love, so really, he couldn't help but get weird when Sally Jackson inquired of his health and looked at him as if she actually cared about him. The only experience he had with apparent motherly figures were the nuns back at the orphanage, so excuse him if he didn't like where the conversation he had with the woman was going. Plus, there was that whole being back in the city thing. It didn't sit well with him and he kept on looking over his shoulder as if he expected anyone he knew to pop out of nowhere.

Then Sally Jackson brought out blue cookies to the table, and he was struck with a fascination so strong that he nearly abandoned any thoughts of distancing himself from everyone around him immediately.

So, maybe he was being a coward, behaving the way he was, and maybe he needed to stop acting like the world was going to end if he so much as spoke a word to Percy and anyone connected to him in some way. Seth didn't think he spoke Percy ever since that night in the creek. He kept convincing himself it was for the greater good, and he was right for the most part. Considering the direction they were both headed in, keeping his distance seemed like the safest option.

So far, he'd been successful in his attempts, with Conan there as a buffer to shield him from any direct communication with both Percy and Annabeth, and all had been swell.

So, what the fuck was he doing talking to the to the person he was trying so hard not even to look at?

"Is this how your meetings with mortals usually start?" He asked, too caught up in staring at the shimmering girl infront of him to even notice who he was speaking to.

He was impressed with her, to be frank. Seth didn't think he had a patient bone in his body, and whatever this girl was doing seemed like it required alot of it. No matter how hard he stared at her, Seth couldn't see an ounce of movement from her and he was almost convinced, for a shortlived second, that she was an actual statue.

"No. Not really," came the reply, and he snapped out of whatever trance he was in to look to his left. Percy was in similar position to him, entranced by the statue like girl infront of them. "I mean, I don't even talk to alot of mortals these days, so..."

The question was left hanging, and Seth quickly looked away before he could get caught up in staring at him. Something in his chest fluttered and he squashed it down before it could take proper form. He took a huge step away from Percy, crossing his arms as he looked up black  and the girl.

It was silent for a minute and then Ananeth spoke. "Maybe if we push her over," she suggested, and she did so with a such straight face and seriousness that it momentarily surprised Seth.