𝟏𝟐| 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐬 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞

《𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐇/ 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘》

𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞⊰᯽⊱┈──("𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝑖𝑡 𝑏𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑚𝑒.")

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ ¤ ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐊𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 someone important wanted to speak to him, Seth didn't know who he was expecting it to be. Maybe Luke in the worst case scenario, and that would have been more preferable to the person standing infront of him.

Although perhaps, referring to him as a mere person was oversimplifying things, when said person was more of a god than anything else.

"Hello," he spoke, his voice quiet but commanding authority all the same. Seth's body went rigid with fear all at once and he stumbled, nearly tripping over his feet when the dracaena behind him shoved him inside the small room with her weapon. He whirled around to do something— like slipping around the dracaena and making a run for it seeing as she was the only one, but a slab of stone slid down the entrance, sealing it shut.

Even though he realised his efforts would prove to be useless, Seth took a step forward and banged his fists against the stone, seeking a way out. "Let me out of here!"

Something behind him shifted, and he shuddered as drowsiness suddenly washed over him. "Oh, you know that won't work. Don't bother yourself."

Seth turned around to face him, pressing his back flat against the stone slab as if trying to put as much distance between them as possible.

The god was dressed in all black and there was a hazy aura around him that made it difficult for Seth to make out his features clearly unless he concentrated really, really hard. The only thing he could see clearly were his eyes, which were as dark as his own, and his hair, which was wavy and black like midnight.

The longer Seth stared at him, the more sleepy he became, so he looked around the room instead. It looked like an office of sorts, with wooden shelves which had dozens of aged scrolls hanging from them, worn books stacked against each other within them, writing instruments from different ages on the desks, mechanical bits scattered all over the floor.

The god waved a hand and two chairs pulled themselves out from the desks. He gestured at it with his hands. "Come. Sit. We have quite some things to discuss."

Of course, Seth did as he asked. He didn't think he had choice in whether he could or not—not unless he was looking to get smote. When they sat across from each other, Seth dug up the courage to speak up from somewhere within him. "You're Morpheus," he stated simply, and the god smiled a little. It wasn't unkind, but it did nothing to help soothe Seth's anxiousness at this whole thing.

"Of course," he replied, and he said nothing further of it. "I must say, I have waited quite some time to finally meet you, Seth Yoon."

"Why?" He asked, because he had to, of course. It couldn't have been anything good for a god looking forward to meet a half-blood. Never has and never will be.

"There is a war coming—that I'm sure you know of," said Morpheus, his swirling black eyes glinting with unspoken humour. "There has been speculation amongst the gods about what you would choose to do about this. Your unsurity frightens them."

Seth clamped down on that part of him that urged him to flee. He imagined he wouldn't make very far before Morpheus caught up with him. "I don't– Why would it frighten them? I'm not the one destined for the Great Prophecy. I don't think I'm supposed to matter in this."