𝟎𝟎| 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞

《𝐒𝐄𝐓𝐇 𝐘𝐎𝐎𝐍》

𝐙𝐞𝐫𝐨⊰᯽⊱┈──

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊¤❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

── ✦ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐆𝐎𝐃 𝐁𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓, Seth Yoon had always felt like his entire life was planned out to be horribly painful and unbearable from beginning to end.

Since the young impressionable age of eight, when his father died tragically in an accident that had left him traumatised, he felt like the entire world was against him. The death of his only family, being taken in by an orphanage that seeked out to torment him for things he could not control, being the constant target for the endless bullying by his both his peers at home - if he could even call it that- and at school.

It was an endless spiral of misfortune that was set off by the death of his dad, sort of like a chain reaction.

"Ever heard of the Greek gods?" A friend of his, Tristan Lee, had whispered to him once, when they were out past curfew on the orphanage's rooftop, watching the night sky.

Seth had snorted, his arms underneath his head. "Uh, yeah, I guess. I've read a couple of books about them," he replied in a tone similar to that of amusement. "Why?"

Tristan shifted his position and was now propped up on his elbows, his eyes still on the starry sky. "What do you think about them?"

What did he think about them? At that time, he really didn't have a plausible answer for the question. Mind you, he didn't even take the question seriously because he barely believed in any form of deities as a hard atheist.

But now, he had an idea of what he thought about the gods. They were absolute dickbags.

They slept around and had children, only to abandon the family and leave them to fend for themselves when monsters came a knocking to kill said children, and they couldn't even have the decency to protect them.

"Do you really think gods are on our side? They don't care about us! They use our parents and dispose them as soon as we're born, they come to us when they need our help to fix their stupid messes and leave without so much as a thank you and they expect us to just keep on living like that? Like their little pets? Their slaves?"

He remembered the emotionally scarring conversation he had with a particular son of Hermes, Luke Castellan, after he was taken to a ranch filled with strange people and even stranger creatures in the prospect of him joining their army.

Their army.

Can you fucking believe it? Did he look like a soldier of some sort?

He didn't believe him back then. He really didn't. And nothing made him want to leave the ranch more than what Luke Castellan told him.

Seth didn't care much for whatever was supposedly going on. He wanted his normal life back. He wanted to go back to the shitty orphanage where he spent half his life, he wanted to see the shitty kids who made his life miserable ever since he stepped foot in the orphanage, he wanted to see Tristan and have him reassure him that all of this was just one big fucking nightmare-