Chapter 67

—Draco POV—

I awoke to the soft yellow glow of the sun filtering in through the high windows of our suite. The sheets were nice and cool over my naked body, and there was a warm mass beside me, arms wrapped securely around my waist. I smiled, turning to face Harry, cupping my hand to his cheek.

"Good morning, Love,"

He opened his eyes, soft green meeting light grey. Harry leaned forward for a kiss, and all at once, I fell back into the soft, gentle intimacy of last night.

"Are you sure you're up for it? You don't think you might get hurt or anything?"

"Absolutely."

"Happy Birthday, Draco."

I smiled, leaning back to be able to look at him properly. "It is my birthday, isn't it?"

"It is, and I have something planned that I think you'll enjoy. Something here in Fiji."

"Really? You didn't have to."

"No, but I thought you might enjoy it." He smiled that crooked smile of his that was just so contagious, then he was up like a bolt, so quick that I felt the rush of cold air as it hit me.

"Come now," he said, already putting his pants on. "I don't think you'd want to keep your birthday plans waiting." Just then, Harry sneezed abruptly. I furrowed my brows, slightly taken aback by the suddenness of it.

"Bless you," I responded, bringing my tone up to the volume of his sneeze.

"Thanks," he sniffled. "Now, I'm going to get started on breakfast.

We padded out to the kitchen, noting that Hugo, Rose, and Scorpius were already up, the two older kids playing with Lettuce ("we don't need to bring him on our trip"  vs "Yes, we do, he's our cat"). Hugo was on the couch, staring down-eyed at the Muggle telly and its cartoons with his hand in his mouth. From the looks of it, Scorpius and Rose at least had been up for a while.

"Good morning,"

"Hey Dad, Hey Harry."

"Good morning, Draco and Harry."

"Hullo," responded Harry, now in the kitchen and sorting through the food we'd purchased in advance and brought with us. "How long have you been up?"

"Only about an hour," said Rose, with Scorpius nodding beside her.

"Do you all fancy some breakfast?" I began, making my way towards Harry, who was currently opening every single cabinet to find himself a bowl and mixer, as well as a pan. He paused briefly to turn his face in his elbow and sneeze again. My mind briefly questioned why he wouldn't use magic before I swiftly shut it down, not privy to reminding myself about his sickness on a day that had started so nicely.

I swiftly took his waist around my arm and turned him for a gentle kiss, reaching out with my free hand and casting a silent accio to get us a pan. When we separated, Harry looked between me and the pan, before giving a crooked smile that I had to refrain from kissing right off his face. I smiled back.

Thurston Gardens in Fiji is quite magical. In a literal sense. It felt like everywhere I turned there was either a plant essential in potioneering or a shockingly rare one. At one point, we were all passing through a clock tower when a brilliant blue patch of squill caught my eye.

Shockingly enough, that wasn't the only valuable plant found in the gardens, and I nearly had to fight the urge to sneak some of the plants home with me. Wormwood, Puffapod, Moly, and even Dittany were found in high amounts, in the gardens.