Encounter

TW: Violence, details of injuries.

"Are you ready for this?"

Oliver and Brett made their way inside the old warehouse, chains in hand. Oliver was looking worriedly at Brett, and he was staring at the ground, hands in his pockets.

"I mean, I guess? It really gives me hell, y'know? And I don't think anything will change now." The taller boy responded, looking back at him with deject in his eyes.

Oliver's heart clenched at the worry in his friend's face.

"Well, as long as you survive, I'll let you do what you gotta do." His care made Brett's heart warm inside. When did this crush start? He didn't even know. All he knew, was that he wanted to be in Oliver's arms forever, and never have to let go. He wanted to stay with Oliver for the rest of his life. But, obviously, he couldn't just tell him. He was lucky enough that the boy accepted him for being gay, and even luckier when he came out as a literal monster. There was no way that he would accept his feelings. Luck doesn't work 3 times in a row.

"Hello? Brett, hello?"

"Huh? Oh yeah. Sorry I... zoned out." Oliver was clicking his fingers in Brett's face, and he realized that they were standing infront of the door to the room they use. The deer carcass was in the middle of the room, opposite of the wall where he'd be chained up.

Yes. Let me out. I must feast.

The deep, gravelly voice was back, just as Brett got a piercing headache. He fell to the floor, clutching his head. Oliver came rushing to his side.

"Woah! Hey, buddy. It's that hungry?" He patted his back, face covered in concern.

Brett managed to croak out a 'yep' through gritted teeth, as he scrambled of the ground. He put himself against the wall, arms above his head and legs spread. Oliver got to work, putting the chains against his body. Two on each of his arms, two on each of his legs, one on his chest, one on his stomach, and a final one on his neck. Both of them were fully aware of just how strong the wendigo really was, hence the scar on Oliver's eye, and multiple on Brett's body. The second he looked up at Oliver's scar, Brett got unpleasant memories flooding back.

{FLASHBACK}

"Alright, so how exactly does this work?" Oliver asked as he sat down on Brett's couch. Eddie was out with Robin, Nancy and Steve, and Wayne was working the night shift, so they had the whole trailer to themselves.

"I have no clue, but let's see what happens." Brett stood in the middle of the tiny room, awaiting his transformation, which could happen any minute now. "All I know is that he needs food. Like a rabbit corpse or somethin'"

"Lucky I brought this then." Oliver held up a steak, showing it to Brett, whose eyes went slightly black at the edges, mouth watering.

Yes. Food.

Upon hearing the voice, a painful headache transpired.

"Ugh, shit." He fell to the ground, groaning in pain. Oliver was at his side in no time. But, he instantly ripped his hand away, when Brett's body turned burning hot. His skin started to peel away and disintegrate off his bones. It was a truly gruesome sight.

After a while, his shaking stopped. Cold, white, soulless pupils looked up at him. The creature stood, and it was much taller than it looked. It had grown some 7ft, now standing at 13 feet tall.

"Uh, Bre-" Oliver was instantly cut off by a sharp pain in his stomach. He slowly looked up, seeing a bloody claw hovering over his body. The figure put it's boney face right infront of his, the claw lowering to grab Oliver's collar, lifting him up where he was.