Introduction

Hey, just wanted to say hello, also I do not own one piece. All of the pictures are not mine.

The following just sums up the scenario that this story is based in. I'd recommend reading through it before you begin.

When luffy was 4 years old, his mother was killed. He and his brother lived with his father for one month.

During that time, dragon, luffy's father went into a stage of depression. In that one month he became increasingly more abusive. He started drinking every night, and ace, who was 11 at the time, had to take care of his brother.

It became common. Dragon would fly into a drunken rage and ace would keep himself between him and Luffy, Taking as many hits as necessary for his little brother. The pair grew much more independent.

At the end of the month, the police took dragon into a mental institution. The boys were put in care of Garp, who was still violent and short tempered, but less threatening so. The pair spent six years living with Garp.

During the first year, the family received the news that dragon had hung him self. This information was kept from the five-year-old Luffy, But took its toll on ace. Still, he kept protecting his little brother, homeschooling him where he could as they were not able to attend school.

At the end of the six years, garp started to develop dementia. he moved into a rest home, leaving the 10-year-old Luffy to his now 17-year-old brother.

Ace's best friend, Sabo, Kept close with them no matter what. During the toughest of times, the pair welcome to stay with his family. Sabo's dad taught the boys to defend themselves.

In the years that followed, Luffy started getting into trouble. He often got into punch-ups on other people's behalf and had spent more than one night detained because of it. ace knew it couldn't be helped. His brother was too kind to ignore someone in need.

6 1/2 years later, ace received news that their parents had left them money in their will. It was decided that the pair start over. They said goodbye to Sabo and caught a bus to Cocoyashi village where their Grandad was living (he was too stubborn to die).

They moved into a state house which they shared with many other people. A weird old cyborg guy named Franky, and even weirder ballerina dude named bon-Clay, a funky looking man named Don Creed and his friend gin, an old man named crocus who looked like a flower, a gawky teen named condoriano, an old woman named Kokoro and her granddaughter chimney. They are ammounted to quite an odd bunch.

Ace enrolled Luffy in school and got a full-time job as an electrician apprentice. Luffy worked after hours and weekends at an arcade. He had worked in a few fast food restaurants, but they never kept him long. He had a tendency to eat the customers food and cause quite a lot of problems.

Nami

Nami was orphaned as a child and adopted by a woman named bell-mére, along with her sister Nojiko. Her family was never very well off. She studied hard in school to get a well-paid job as meteorologist.

Right, that's it. Let me know what you think, anything I missed, you know the drill. Kinda short chapter sorry, 554 words. I'll go for 1000 usually. Whelp, see y'all around.