The new kid

As the bell rang, the last few students trickled into class. Usopp came late, as usual. Theor Teacher, Mr Brooke, entered, stooping to avoid hitting his head on the door frame.

'Welcome back everyone!' He said, striding to the front of the class. 'Though I must admit, I haven't missed you much! Yo ho ho ho ho!'

Nami sighed, settling in for a long term. She pulled out her book and begin taking notes.

After 15 odd minutes, there came a knock at the door. Curious, Nami watched as it opened, revealing the headmaster, Mr Kuro.

He was a stingy old man, and nobody liked him much. He lifted a hand to push up his glasses in his abnormal way that never fails to give Nami the creeps.

'Sir!'  Mr Brook exclaimed, surprised.

'Morning.' The headmaster replied, coldly. Mr Brooke looks scared. ' you have a new student.'
He continued, stepping out at the doorway to reveal a smiling boy with wild Ebony hair.

He wore a red singlet and blue shorts that highlighted his muscular body as well as a straw hat that hung from the cord around his neck. His skin was nicely tan and he had a strong jaw. A scar that ran along his cheekbone. He was striking, in an unique way. Nami couldn't help but stare.

The headmaster left him there, standing awkwardly in the doorway. The second he was gone, Brooke relaxed, ushering the boy in and closing the door.

He had the attention of the entire class. Mr Brooke instructed the boy to introduce himself, and he obliged.

'My names luffy.' He said, grinning. 'I'm new around here. It's nice to meet you all.' He smiled at them and took the empty seat beside usopp, 2 across from her.

The lesson continued like usual after that. She didn't see him again until morning tea. He sat in the cafeteria, chatting with usopp, chopper, Zoro and Sanji.

She watched her friend Robin join them. the boy seem to get on with everyone effortlessly, and could tell he would end up quite popular. She smiled herself and took a seat beside Vivi.

'Hey Nami!' Her friend greeted. 'Where's Robin?'

Nami responded, saying hi and pointing to the group of boys Robin sometimes sat with.

The two had a good chat about the holidays, but throughout the break, Nami felt her gaze shift towards the new kid. What was it? There was something about him...

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nami found she was in 3 0f 5 classes with Luffy that day.  Maths, chemistry and English. He was nowhere to be seen during lunch.

At present, she was packing her bag, Ready to head home.

It was 3:15, and students were pouring out of school, most of them accompanied by friends.

Sighing, she took her leave, trotting down the path and across the road, zoning out as her feet  followed the familiar route through town.

She cross the road at an intersection and paused to window shop as she passed salons, restaurants and many other cute old shops.

Out of nowhere, a figure appeared, throwing a hand over her mouth and dragging her into a nearby Alley.

He withdrew his hand and tossed her into a circle of people. She pushed herself off the ground and stared, wide eyed, at the group surrounding her.

She recognised a few. Buggy, Don creed, Foxy, arlong and Alvida were among them.  Nami paled, knowing she had come across one of the most feared gangs in the area.