A Choice

Tobias and I walk to the ceremony together, with the other Abnegation. Father isn't with us, he has to lead the ceremony as he is the leader of our faction. We walk in silence, passing the other factions.

A bunch of Amity girls walking past, laughing happily. I could never join them. I am not very good at making friends.

I see some Candor boys talking to each other. I definitely couldn't join them. I prefer to keep my secrets to myself.

I see a young Erudite girl reading a book. I could join them, I have a passion for reading and doing things right. Tobias sometimes calls me a 'perfectionist'. I just can't picture myself with them though, as I'm not the most patient girl in the world.

I consider staying in Abnegation, my test said I could.

But then I remember Marcus, my father, and I quickly change my mind.

A crowd of Dauntless sprint past, shouting to each other. I keep my eyes on them, looking at their happy expressions. Dauntless would be a good faction to transfer to.

According to my father brave is the nicest way of saying stupid, yet I think they are two different things. I want the freedom that comes with being Dauntless, to feel the wind through my hair and leave the past behind myself.

When we reach the Hub, I unpin my blonde hair, it is longer than it is supposed to be as no one has cut my hair since mother died. One of the Abnegation adults glare at me, but I ignore it.

We walk inside and go to the stairs, it is an act of selflessness, letting others use the elevator. The only other faction that uses the stairs is Dauntless, yet they sprint up them as a risk, unlike us.

As we reach the eighteenth floor, were the Choosing Ceremony is held, Tobias squeezes my hand. I suppose it is meant to tell me that he will stay with me, no matter what. I squeeze his hand back whilst we walk over the the Abnegation section of the room.

We take our seats, and fall into silence, as there is nothing to be said between us. On the platform, Marcus clears his throat. Everyone goes silent.

The Other EatonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara