Freedom

Sunlight blinds me as I run out of the building. The happiness from the other Dauntless, it's contagious! I follow the Dauntless down the street, keeping in pace with my brother. I look at his face for a minute. He looks happier than I've ever seen him! Transferring to Dauntless was the best situation for both of us, and as it seems, great minds think alike! It feels so much better to be with Tobias in the unknown. At least I have someone I trust in this new, crazy faction.

Finally we reach the train tracks. I hear the train before I see it. Everyone spreads out in a long line of black, with the occasional blue, white and yellow.

We both know what to do as I liked watching the Dauntless when I was younger. We look at each other, ready to jump onto the train, without it stopping.

"Ready?" Tobias asks.

I nod back at him and jump onto the train, landing against the wall. I see him jump on the train and then we help a Candor girl on aswell. Breathlessly she thanks us and sits next to me.

"I'm Alison," she says. I look at her. She has shoulder-length ginger hair, a pale complexion and blue eyes.

"I'm Catarina, and this is my brother, Tobias," I say, introducing him and I.

"You're the Abnegation leaders children, aren't you?" She asks, showing her Candor side.

"So?" I spit venomously, I never like to be referred to as his daughter. Tobias gives her a pitying look and mouths 'she has anger issues' so I slap him on the arm.

Alison laughs at that, and at first I'm confused but I then realise that we were fighting like five-year-olds.

After that we fall into silence and I lean on Tobias' shoulder and slowly drift off to sleep.