That April On The 10th

Aiden POV

I stare at the ceiling, and wonder. What happened to the good ol' days? Me fighting aliens, saving people, the world even. But it's been a few years now, and no new aliens have decided to come out of their hidey holes. 

These were my thoughts as I sat at the table of my house, eating breakfast. Ever since I got the New Omnitrix, I didn't get the chance to use it often. The only interesting thing that's ever happened are the Spatial Quakes that occur from time to time. But, it's not exactly something I can punch in the face. Then, I hear a certain girl yelling upstairs of the house I'm at. 

Aiden: That girl is gonna be the death of him...

I'm hanging out at a friend's house, Shido Itsuka. And right now, he's getting the worst wake up call of his life in the form of her little sister yelling at him, Kotori Itsuka. Then I hear an actual scream from Kotori which makes me drop my fork and jump.

Aiden: WHY.

I take a step to try and make my way to the screaming, but Kotori dashes through and steps on my foot in the process. 

Aiden: OW-- GODAMMIT.

I hold my foot and after a minute, Shido comes in and sees me holding my foot. 

Shido: You okay there?

Aiden: Sure, I'm holding my foot for no apparent reason-- of course I'm not okay! Your sister came running in here like a bat out of hell and stepped on my foot! 

Shido: Can't really blame her, I did give her quite the scare. Speaking of. 

He turns to Kotori whimpering behind a table she turned onto it's side. 

Aiden: Just try not to give her a heart attack... And have her incidentally hurt me...

Shido: Hehe... No promisesss. 

He then sneaks up next to Kotori and shouts gibberish and she backs up against the wall whimpering. 

Shido: It's me. Calm down it's only me. 

Kotori, still very much frightened from what he just did, still whimpers. 

Kotori: Ar-are you sure...?

Shido: I am much good friend to you. Yes. I Kotori big brother. 

He says as he puts one hand up while doing some weird voice. 

Aiden: You sound stupid. 

Shido: Whatever!

Then, Shido starts to make breakfast for Kotori, I already ate mine. So I'm sitting on the couch along with Kotori watching the news on a spatial quake appearing in the middle of Tengu City. 

Shido: Again? It's close too. 

Kotori: It was. 

Aiden: Yup.

Shido: It's weird. There have been a lot lately. 

Kotori: You're telling me.

I look at the lollipop in her mouth and immediately know what's coming.

Aiden: You better take that out your mouth before--

Shido: Hold it! No sweets!

Aiden: That happens...

He then tries to remove the lollipop from her mouth but fails, so he gives up. Today is the day that Kotori gets to choose what they eat for lunch. But this just leads to chaos. 

Shido: Oh yeah. Got any requests for lunch? 

Kotori: One Deluxe Kid's Plate! 

Shido: That's from a diner menu. We don't serve that dish at this restaurant.