Catching Up

No One's POV

Mana: That was really a close call. Are you unharmed?

Aiden: Relatively...

But, Shido couldn't give her a proper answer.

Shido: Mana...?

Mana: Yes. I'm sure you're surprised.

Kurumi: My, my, don't you think you're being extremely rude by interrupting our time together?

Mana: We'll talk later Big Brother. This will be over soon.

Then, she fires beams at Kurumi, which then curve, and they all hit her simultaneously. Severely injured, Kurumi collapses onto the ground. Where Mana then walks to her to finish her off.

Shido: KURUMI!

Aiden then acts fast, presses the Omnitrix, and he raises his hand to hit the core but, it was too late. Mana had already fired her laser to kill her. While Shido, just freaks out.

Shido: HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM ABOUT THIS?! YOU KILLED SOMEONE!

Mana: It's a Spirit, Big Brother.

Then, Mana materializes her normal attire. While Aiden stays rather quiet.

Mana: Plus, I'm used to it.

Aiden helps Shido onto his feet. Then they both confront Mana after what they just saw.

Mana: So you've learned some details from Master Sergeant Tobiichi. Well, you should consider what you've seen today a bad dream and forget about it.

Shido: Like hell I could!

Aiden: Easier said than done.

Mana: She won't stay dead. Nightmare. Kurumi Tokisaki, is a special Spirit. No matter how many times you kill her and what method you use, she'll come back, turn up somewhere, and kill people. So I have to keep on killing her. And will continue to do so. Over, and over, and over--

Aiden: Okay would you just shut up?!

Shido: That's not being "used to it". You've just become jaded...

Mana: No one else can do it.

Then she kicks them out of the area with some kind of force. Shido just runs away, Aiden just stays where he is. Thinking to himself, before sighing.

Aiden: I misjudged you Kurumi. I really did.

Then he walks away from the park, and starts making his way home. Then he hears his ear piece that Kotori wanted to speak to him, instead, he takes it out and throws it in a trash can that was in the park.

Aiden: Leave me alone for now, kid.

On the way, he runs into a certain someone. That someone, being Nanase.

Haruko: So...

Aiden: So...

Haruko: Is your friend alright?

Aiden: I hope so.

Haruko: You okay...?

Aiden: Eh... Somewhat...

Haruko: Oh, okay...

They stand there for a moment, but Aiden decides to make the first move by grabbing Nanase's hand and dragging her away.

Haruko: Where are we going!

Aiden: To make up for some lost time.

Not really knowing what he means, she lets him take her where he wants to. Then, the next thing she knows she's in Aiden's house. Sitting on his couch, she takes a look around his living room.