The Princess' Waltz

"A... Akagi-San?"

The abyssal in front of her didn't reply. However, she begins to put some force in her hold, and starts to submerge, bringing Kaga down with her.

Kaga is still in denial, and she just let herself being sunken to the depths. Beyond the fangs surrounding the Abyssal's neck, she is flashing that similar smile, but her eyes scream hatred.

All of a sudden, another Kanmusu rams into the both of them, forcing the Abyssal to let go, and Kaga regained her footing.

"Don't try to take us lightly, Abyssal!"

"N...Nagato?" Kaga called out, at her savior.

"What were you doing? And this is the second time in a row you're letting an Abyssal getting what she wanted. Now let me sink her once and for all."

Her cannons raises up, pointing at the Akagi look-alike, who just stood there silently. And when they fire, Kaga quickly gets in the way, and gets herself damaged in her stead.

"What's wrong with you, Kaga!?"

"No, don't you dare sink her."

"Why, Nagato? She's an Abyssal--"

Nagato stops, as she sees Kaga's tears staining her face, and she drew her bowstring, aiming at Nagato.

"Are you serious, Kaga?"

Kaga slowly nodded. Nagato raised a brow as the Abyssal then strikes Kaga in the back, knocking her out.

"Kaga!"

Nagato shoots at the Abyssal again, who then retreated to the safety of the abyss. Then she quickly caught Kaga, who is knocked unconscious.

When Kaga came to, she is met face to face with the admiral and Nagato in her room.

"Ad...Admiral? Where... Where's the Abyssal?"

"She escaped. What's going on with you back there, anyway?!" Nagato asked.

"That Abyssal... She has Akagi-San's body."

Nagato then fell silent. The admiral sighs sadly, as he tips his hat.

"Admiral... Who or what are the abyssals? Why can they take the forms of those we cared?"

"I guess it's time I explain everything to you, Kaga. Humanoid abyssals like the one you encountered are sunken kanmusu that were transformed thanks to the grudges and regrets they have in their lives."

"Grudges... And regrets....?"

"The one who you saw is an Abyssal Princess. This one is possibly amongst the strongest of the abyssal fleet, and must be eliminated to ensure the safety of Midway Atoll. But, why would someone like Akagi have regrets or hate on someone? It's not like her carefree self."

Kaga's heart throbbed. She begins to tear up again, and replied slowly.

"I think... I think she regretted... Ever training me. The day she sunk, she told me a lecture on how I should treat everyone in the base as family, she said that she loved me... And I just threw it all away. All because of my pride of being in the First Carrier Division."

"So you... You're the reason?"

Kaga nodded.

"Then it's sad. Because the abyssals have taken over probably the strongest carrier that we have, and as a result an uncontrollable monster is born from that. We need to stop her, or we'll just end up as more of them."

"...Stop her? Destroying her? No, I can't accept it, I just can't! Having to face someone that used to be her... I just can't..." Kaga begins to hyperventilate.

"Kaga, we have no choice. Your Akagi is gone, and you damn well knew it. We can't afford to replace her as well due to how valuable she is."

"Can we just convince her to join us back? She's still in there, I know she is!"

The admiral shook his head slowly. Afterwards, Kaga stood up from her futon and ran away from the room.

Elsewhere, the princess is found by Fubuki, who is barely able to face her one on one.

"You just won't give up, did you?"

"Kaga... Sink her..."

"You won't reach her, no matter how sad it is!"

The princess then dashed forwards, trying to sink her claws into Fubuki's riggings to sabotage it, only for multiple shots from destroyer cannons to hit her, staggering her and Fubuki kicked the princess in the head. Afterwards, the princess then unleashed more aircrafts, and used them to keep Fubuki and co. Busy while she retreated, staggering along the way.

"Kaga... Sink... Destroy..."

She begins to slow down as she hit the coastline, and fell down on the beach, unconscious.

Kaga was running to the coastline, tears were flowing non stop. After reaching the beach, she stopped to take a breather before looking up to see that same Abyssal Princess lying flat on the sands.

"That's.... Hey!"

Kaga ran to her, and shook her awake.

"Hey, wake up, wake up..."

And slowly, she opened her eyes and from her lips, she said

"Who are you?"