Meeting the Captain.

<-Location: Top Gun Base hangar->
<-Time: 0900->

We see all Pilots sitting in little chairs with a Table only Y/N is standing because he is a bit to tall for these Tables to sit in. Well The Admirals Simpson and Solomon are standing up front on a stage like thing. On the Table is the F/A 18s manual book. Only Y/N has a different type of Book that is made by Jake for his F35.

------------Timeskip till Maverick is on the stage---------------------------------------------

Maverick: You're the best out of the best. But on this Mission you will be put on so much strain that being the best isn't enough. So with that being said, There will be tons of high G maneuvers it will be like an Elephant sitting on your chest.

-----------Timeskip till he finishes-----------

Macerick: I will push you to your very limit and beyond. Only some of you might get out of coffins corner.

While Maverick was talking Y/N read the manual for his moded F35 over and over again because of his new VTOL mode and well wasn't paying attention, and that didn't go unnoticed by Maverick.

Maverick: SOME of you already have enough fighting experience to know that this Mission is very risky if they would have listened more to my presentation Titan.

Y/N: Oh I heard every word you said but I've elected to ignore them.
Look at the time. Admirals I need to get going because my jet and mechanic need some Tests.

Admiral Simpson: Yes go ahead Titan and in your Dorm will be sleeping jake and Rooster. Oh and before I forget there are some documents for your F35 on your desk maybe jake finds them interesting for your jet.

Y/N: Thank you Admiral.

Admiral Simpson: Nothing to thank me Titan.

With that Y/N left the hangar and headed to his Jet and Mechanic.
Maverick was a bit baffled at the scene and demanded answer.

Maverick: Wait what I cant teach him if he isn't here all the time. And how can they trust him.

Admiral Solomon: Titan is a special case he is not part of the main mission and will be flying in a from jake invented Stealth drive that will be keeping him from appearing on the radar. But his mission is as important as yours, because he will be finding and destroying the main base that commands the SAM-Turrets.
It's him that will make the coffin corner easier for you. So he can't be here all the times I Hope you understand Maverick.

Maverick: But at the training he has to be there.

Admiral Solomon: That I can assure you Maverick.

Payback: So if were in coffins corner the SAM-Turrets won't be active? If so why still call it coffins corner?

Admiral Simpson: Because there are three Bases wich control these SAM-Turrets Titan will get all three of them if possible but even if he starts before you, you're done faster with your mission than he is with his. On top of that we don't know wich Base controls wich Turrets. You will have to hope that he hits the right ones and don't blame him if you get hit if you aren't being careful.

Maverick: Well that's good we should get to training but for today it is enough. Dismissed.

While the Pilots are leaving they chatter about Titan and the Mission.

Pheonix: So that's why they needed the best for this mission.

Rooster: Yeah but that Y/N has his own Mission is weird but why is he with us and not doing it alone like he always does.

Payback: Alone? What do you mean by that?

Rooster: Well Y/N was trained by Maverick and thats also the time he lost his WSO Watcher. It was because at that Time he wasn't even close to being the best, so Maverick pushed him to his very limit and trained very high G maneuvers. Watcher couldn't take them and passed out unfortunately at that moment the engine was malfunctioning and Y/N had to eject without Watcher and Well Watcher died in the crash of the plane. Since then he despises Maverick and he is blaming him for Watchers death. Well don't talk about it or he will crush you like an insect.
And I mean it don't talk about Watcher.

--------Y/N's POV------------------------------------

Jake and I had to do some test on the Stealth drive and the overdrive VTOL mode, so I got ready in my cockpit, checked the systems and closed the cockpit, oh and a radio check to jake. Everything was perfect and I drove to the runway and waited for the signal from the Tower. Eventually it came from Admiral Simpson and with that I started and got faster and faster, and flew of to Yellow Range. Upon arrival I radiod Jake and got a few instructions.

Jake: So pull the cover of from the lever and push it forward that activates the VTOL mode try that first.

Y/N: Okay.... please don't blow up.

With that I pushed the lever back and I got slower and slower till I was standing in the air. I could turn the aircraft and shoot rockets and Gatling but that wasn't all Jake installed a drone for scout purposes and cluster like bombs that were sticking to objects and are magnetic and only explode when a button Is pressed in my cockpit.

Y/N: It's working perfectly good job. Jake you never cease to amaze me.

Jake: That's good to hear but we aren't finished yet. Next is the Stealth drive I dont know how long or if it is even working.
So for it to activate you need to get out of VTOL mode and push the button besides the VTOL lever.

Y/N: Okay if that works I'm seriously impressed Jake.

Pushing the button all lights and electronics went out and I got a bit worried but after a short amount of time my radar was back on and I could hear jake celebrate.

Y/N: So everything good?

Jake: Yes better then good I don't see any overheating on the drive that would mean that you can stay like this forever if you want.

Y/N: So anything else?

Admiral Simpson: Actually yes Maverick is teaching tomorrow so be there it is wished by Admiral Solomon so I can't save you from him again.

Y/N: Thank you very much Admiral.

Admiral Simpson: Get Back to base and get some rest Pilot.

Y/N: Jake where are the others?

Jake: They are at the hangars chatting why? No don't do it.

Y/N: I'm doing it.

Eta 2 minutes for me that's to long so with that I activated my Super Afterburn and got on 3.1 mach at speed with this new speed I flew over the Base and created a large Boom sound.
All Pilots watched as as a white and gray blur speeds over the Base.

---------------Roosters POV-----------------------

I heard a sonic like boom over our heads and saw a jet or more like a blur flying over the Base. I knew who that was.

Fanboy: Woah what was that?

Phoenix: What the hell! Who or what was that?

Hangman: Let's get going maybe it is an enemy Jet.

Rooster: No even if it were an enemy Aircraft it wouldn't make it here without being spotted, Plus that speed has only one. ..........Y/N........... .