Chapter 6

Hinata P.O.V

"I'm back." His eyes were still closed, and he was holding a towel and an orange t-shirt with a red swirl.

"Where is the bathroom, Naruto-kun?" He pointed with his index finger towards the left of the hall, using his other free hand to cover his eyes.

Changing out of my wet clothes, I put my arms through the arm holes of his shirt. I was very glad my underwear was still dry. Naruto's shirt swallowed my body, reaching down to the length of my knees and the arm holes were very wide. His shirt made me smelt like him and for some reason I liked it. Walking out of the bathroom,  I saw a set of broad shoulders and froggy underwear. I walked closer to the doorway holding my wet clothes, until I stood beneath it. You wouldn't think it but Naruto was quite muscular, even with his shirt off.I knew he knew I was there and I knew he was smirking although I hadn't seen his face yet.
"Nice underwear, Naruto." I smiled, my voice strong with a new found confidence; I didn't know where it had come from. I shuffled a little closer to his bed ,placing my wet clothes on his chair and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Other girls didn't have a problem with it," He retorted, pulling up his sweats and tying a simple knot.

I felt a small quiet gentle "ohhh" leave my lips. I remembered he is like this with everyone. I'm so stupid. Once again I was back to being awkward, like usual.

Naruto P.O.V

"Sorry my room is messy." I told Hinata, turning around to face her. I couldn't see most of her face because her head was bowed and her long wet hair covered the rest. "I was just messing with you." Was she mad or upset at me or was she acting like this for another reason? She's so confusing.
"Are you hungry?" I asked, trying to ease the tension by fiddling with my silver chain. I could feel she was still looking at the floor.

"Huh?" She replied looking up. For some reason, I was very relieved that she looked up although she looked confused.

"Are you hungry?" I dug my fingers into my hair.

"Kind of, but I don't want to bother you." She sighed, quickly placing her hands in her lap.

"What do you want, pizza or Chinese? Ooh, there is this really good Korean BBQ place that delivers." I sat down next to her scrolling through my phone.

"I don't mind, I don't want to impose Naruto-kun, I mean it is your house." She shrugged.

"Hina please pick one, if I had my way it would be ramen," I waited for a reply. Her cheeks were stained a light shade of pink at the new nickname.

"Why can't you just get ramen then?" she said, emphasizing the 'you'.

"That's because it closes at seven and we would have to be in the rain again even if we could." Why is this so difficult? With Sasuke you can just shove something spicy on the menu and you're done, everyone's fed, and everyone is happy.

"If I have to pick, I guess pizza." She said, changing her position to kneeling on my bed and leaning in a little closer. "I don't have my wallet on me right now but I'll pay you back tomorrow."

"Don't worry about it." I waved my hands in the air.

"But," I could see she felt bad.

"My godfather always leaves some money when he leaves so I can order something." I explained - trying to get her to take back her offer, "I'm going to the bathroom and when I come back I'll order it."
Walking into the bathroom, I looked into my mirror and attempted to take out my contacts. Then I remembered the last time I didn't wash my hands to take them out. The thought made me physically shiver as I placed my hands under the faucet. I opened my cabinets and put my contacts in their case. I shook my head in the hair, making beads of water collect on the mirror. I'd forgotten my hair was wet.