Author's Note

Back when I was just beginning to write on Wattpad, I published a book titled ‘I’m Only Broken’. At the time, I liked it because it was what everyone else was doing and it seemed to flow at first. Later, as I began to improve and write other books, I burned out on it. It was a mix of the inconsistent posting, the cliche plot, rushing the story, and just moving on. In the end, I just decided to stop forcing myself to write it and took it down.

My best friend, Feshuna, didn’t like that I took it down and teased me about adding her as a character in the book. Knowing that she wanted that, I began working on a layout of a completely revised version of the book. Even then, though, it still didn’t feel right. Nothing flowed. I’d stare at my screen and begin to space out because there was no creativity or motivation to write it.

But I knew my promise to Feshuna was to add her into one of my books. With that in mind, I completely scraped the characters but kept a good portion of the newer version to write a completely different book. I figured out that it was the characters that were holding me back. I could only see what I had previously written and it wasn’t letting me out of the mental block.

Now, I have this new book with new characters that still follows some of the newer outline. I kept my promise and have added Feshuna into this book. This was solely written for her and I hope this shows how much I truly adore her and cherish her as a sister, whether we’re blood-related or not. She’s stuck with me no matter how annoying, stubborn, or forgetful I get. She deserves this after putting up with me and I hope she enjoys it. I doubt I can properly capture just how amazing she is but I'll try my best. This note, along with the first chapter, will be posted on her birthday.

Happy birthday, Feshuna, and I hope you like your birthday gift.