.•*:。✩ 𝑂𝑁𝐸.

Diary entry : July 28th

Petrichor : word used to describe the distinct scent of rain in the air. Or, to be more precise, it's the name of an oil that's released from the Earth into the air before rain begins to fall.

Dear Diary,

It's raining again.

The pitter-patters of rain on windows and roofs create such a pleasant and peaceful atmosphere. You just want to snuggle up under your duvet, a cup of steaming hot tea and a book in hand and stay like that all day. But (un)fortunately, I have sisters, so that's impossible. They've been bugging me all day about not being able to go outside.

I don't mind the rain, it's got this incredible, unforgettable, comforting smell... It reminds me of the times when Nat, Lena and I used to play in the mud and plash each other as we jumped into puddles. Mama didn't like that, but we thought it was hilarious. The aftermath... not so much. But we got older and stopped. It gives me a good excuse to wear sweaters in the middle of summer, though.

I like the feeling of the water again my skin and how it felt as it drizzled onto my face, I like the feeling of my clothes becoming soggy and wet and sticking to my body.

But the clock is ticking. Time is running out, and we're getting slowly back to square one. Summer has slipped through our fingers, each day blending into the other, and tomorrow Nat and Yelena will be back in school with me by their side.

Oh, what am I doing?

I can already tell this is going to be terrible.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
new book... first chapter!
what do we think people?
im gonna be honest i'm so excited about this! (and i know a few people how are too *cough cough* anna <3)
see you new chapter!
alexis :)