40. Thank.... YOU

'What are you doing?' sansa asked as a walk-through the gardens Tyrion was repeating the peoples names as they passed by laughing at them.

'I have a list.' he told her

'a list of people you mean to kill?'

'For laughing at me? Who do you think I am? do I look like Joffrey to you? Death is a bit extreme but the fear of death on the other hand-' Tyrion began

'you should learn to ignore them.' sansa told him

'My lady people have been laughing at me far longer than they have been laughing at you. I am the half men the demon monkey.' Tyrion reminded her.

'You are a Lannister.' she corrected 'I am the disgraced daughter of Ned Stark.'

'The disgraced daughter and the demon monkey.' tyrion told her 'we are perfect for each other.'

'So how should be punished them?' Sansa questioned

'Who?'

'The men on your list.' Sansa said as if it was obvious.

'Well I could speak to Lord varys learn if they of their perversions anyone named Desmond Kraco must have secrets.' Tyrion told her.

'I do not think that you are a pervert.'

'I am a demon monkey, I have certain standards to maintain.' he told her

'We could sheep shift lord desmans bed.' sansa suggested. Tyrion glanced back when he heard the unmistakable one two one two of Tilly in the gardens. 'You cut a little hole in his mattress and you shove the sheep shift inside.' sansa said pleasantly. 'Then you sew up the hole and make his bed again it will stink but he will not know where he's coming from.'

'Ladies Sansa.' Tyrion said with a laugh.

'My sister did that to me when she was angry with me and she was always angry with me.' sansa told them.

'Why sheep shift?'

'That is the word for dung.' Sansa clarified.

'my lady.' Tyrion said blushing

'well you asked me.' she remarked

'my Lord my lady.' Podrick said running up to them 'your father has called a meeting of the small council.'

++

'You have been a good influence on a mutual friend he used to drink from sundown to sun up visit three brothels a night gamble away his father's money and now it's just the drinking.' Varys told Shae although he assumed it was more Mabel Tyrells doing than the whore that refused to leave.

'And now I am his wifes servant I brushed her hair trimmed her nails and empty her chamber pot.' shae reminded him bitterly. He hadn't fucked her in ages either, it was quite annoying.

'She is a sweet young thing none of this is her fault.' Varys told shae.

'I love that girl I would kill for her.' shae assured

'We break bread with them but that does not make us family we have learned the language but we will never be their countrymen... if you let yourself believe that a girl with no name could spend her life with the son of-'

'I have a name.' shae corrected.

'As do I but it does not matter only the family name matters.' Varys reminded her.

'What do you want from me?" shae sassed. he put a pouch of diamonds in a hand

'Diamonds I would tell you to be weary carrying so much wealth but I think you know how to protect yourself... get on one of those ships sail to pintos, Amir, buy a house with these diamonds a very large house hire servants start a new life a good life far from here.' he told her 'I'm confident a foreign beauty like you will have suitors lining up.'

'Why do you want me to leave?' shae questioned

'Tyrion Lannister is one of the few people alive who can make this country a better place he has the mind for it he has the will and he has the right last name but you... You are a complication. I know you love him and I know it is not bought by lust and silver. I'm not asking you to leave him for money I'm asking you to leave because your presence in the capital endangers him. This will never be your home my lady find a true home somewhere far from here while there is still time.' Varys warned her

'Lord varys.' She tossed his diamond pouch at his feet 'if he wants me to leave he can tell me himself.'

++

Tilly ran behind the wardrobe every time. Mabel marched over jumped around and tilly shrieked with laughter running around mabel or through her legs. Running the length of the room before hiding behind the wardrobe again

'I wonder where she went?' Mabel declared and tilly started laughing again. 'Must be over...' she jumped out. 'Here!' Mabel declared and tilly laughed running back and forth. 'She hides here and only here but is surprised every time I find her.' Mabel remarked when she saw garlan and tyrion at the door.

'You look ravishing.' Tyrion remarked and Mabel did a little spin.

"Thank you, Tilly come and show Uncle Garlan the dress he got you.' Mabel requested and Tilly came running out. She grabbed the skirt of her dress pulling it up and down. 'What do you say to uncle Garlan?'

"Thank...' she pointed a finger at him and Mabel was already laughing. "YOU!"

'Come on, lets go.' Garlan said wrapping an arm around his sister.

'You look radiant your grace.'

'Radiant... right radiant..' Cersei said looking Margaery over. Mabel and Tilly twirled around happily garlan dancing with them. Tyrion watched from afar, he would have loved to be with them, dancing and in love but he was married and their relationship although he cherished every moment with them was a secret.

'It's the word that came to mind.' Margaery told her. 'We are to be sister shouldn't we be friends?' she added grabbing onto Cersei's arm.

'Your musical girl aren't you imagine you have a lovely voice.'

'A better dancer than a singer I'm afraid.' Margaery said

'But you know the rains of Castamere?'

'Of course they play it so often here at court.' Margaery agreed. It was a lovely banquet, a lovely feast, a lovely party, perfect time to try and get a read on Cersei and how difficult she would make Margaery's life at the capitol.

'So you know the story of house reyne of Castamere?'

'Not as well as you I'm sure.' Margaery said sweetly.

'House rayne was a powerful family very wealthy second wealthiest and Westeros now the Tyrells the second wealthiest family Westeros now of course ambitious climbers don't stop on the second highest rung, only you could get that final steps further than all the rest you would be alone with nothing but blue sky above you.' Cersei told her as they walked the room. 'So Lord Rayne built a castle as grand as Casterly rock he gave his wife diamonds larger than any woman ever wore and finally one day he rebelled against my father do you know where House rayne is now?'

'Gone.' Margaery said simply.

'Gone,' she agreed 'a gentle word I would say slaughtered. Every man woman and child put to the sword. I remember seeing their bodies hanging high above the gates at Casterly rock my father let them rot up there all summer it was a long summer and now the raynes weep the halls and not a soul to hear them.' Cersei took Margaery's hand in hers 'if you ever call my sister again I will strangle you in your sleep.' she threatened marching off.