Declaration of War

Beam woke up in a warm and comfortable bed, but one that wasn't her own. As last night's memories came rushing to the forefront of her mind, she tensed as she opened her eyes. She was in Payu's bed and she was cuddled up against him.

How did I get here? I was on the sofa when I fell asleep.

Carefully she moved away from him until she was on the other side of the bed. Lifting up the covers she ran her hand down her body to check all her clothes were still in place and breathed a sigh of relief when everything was still in place. 

A deep chuckle made her tense up again.

"Just because you're not undressed doesn't mean that nothing happened."

She turned her head to see an awake Payu staring at her with a smirk on his face. When he leaned towards her she shuffled back so quickly that she fell off the bed. She glared as he laughed at her.

"Calm down. I'm not interested in you."

That's not the impression you gave last night.

"Jerk."

"What did you say?"

As Payu moved to get off the bed, Beam scrambled to stand up.

"I - I..."

"Do you want to see what a real jerk can do?"

Beam's mouth was so dry that she just stared up at him wondering what he would do next.

"Are you afraid?"

She was, but it was more of an exhilarating nervousness than actually being scared. That only made her hate him more. Why was she feeling this way? What was he doing to her? Not wanting him to win she managed to whisper out a reply.

"No."

Her answer only made him smile wider as he stalked towards her the same way he had last night. 

"Are you sure? Then... let me have a taste."

In the light of the morning, Beam had the sense to realise that now was the time to leave. She rushed towards the door and tried to open it. It wouldn't budge. As he got closer, panic blinded her. His large body pressed up against her back and his arm rested on the door in front of her, caging in once again. She felt his breath tickle her ear as leaned in close.

"Beam, take my advice. Don't be so good at being clueless."

She frowned at Payu, not understanding what he meant and was taken by surprise when he kissed her on the cheek. He turned the knob to unlock the door and held it open for her. Beam stared up at him in shock as he grinned down at her, looking very pleased with himself. 

"Are you not leaving? Do you want to continue?"

Beam grabbed her bag which was by the door where she had left it last night and stepped out of the room. Hurriedly she put on her shoes and looked back to see Payu watching her before running down the stairs his voice trailing behind her.

"What? No goodbye? How rude."

A week later, Beam was walking to class with Sky when there was a rumble of thunder.

"Storm, such a fitting name for Payu, causing nothing but trouble and ruining my life."

"Um, are you okay?"

Sky watched her in concern as she muttered under her breath.

"No. He's so annoying!"

Her cousin looked around trying to figure out who she was talking about.