You can't run

As Beam and Sky crept through the train yard in the dark, she started to have second thoughts about her plan. Her cousin had found out where the race was that Payu was attending and once she had proof that he wasn't as clean-cut as everyone thought, Beam would be able to forget about him once and for all.

Ever since he had visited her at the university, her classmates had been talking about her even more. At first, they wondered why Payu had come to see her when Beam had been talking badly about him. Then someone came up with the idea that the two must have had a misunderstanding and Payu had come to talk to Beam and sort it out. Their praises for Payu only increased after that.

Weaving through the old abandoned train carts, the two cousins began to see lots of trucks, cars, and people. Hiding behind a rusty container, Beam looked around.

"Are you sure this is the place?"

"That's what the source told me."

"What source?"

When Sky didn't answer, she turned to him expectantly.

"My ex."

"Your ex-boyfriend? But wasn't he -"

"I don't want to talk about him. Can we go home now?"

"Not yet. Stay here, I'll be back soon."

"Beam! Wait!"

Creeping closer, Beam tried to join the crowd as casually as possible to make it look as if she belonged. As she walked around, she stared at all the motorbikes. Although she had never been interested in them before meeting Payu, she had to admit that these ones were really cool.

As she looked for Payu, apparently she wasn't doing a good enough job of blending in. A scary man in a suit approached her.

"Excuse me, who are you with?"

"Huh?"

"Who are you here with?"

"Umm..."

Beam frantically tried to think of the correct thing to say.

"If you're not with anybody then you're not meant to be here. You're coming with me."

When the man grabbed her arm and signalled for more men in suits to come over, she knew what she had to say and she hoped she was right.

"P'Payu!"

This made the man pause and he loosened his grip slightly.

"You're with Mr Payu?"

"Yes?"

"I'll have to check that. Follow me."

The bodyguard started walking through the crowd and two more came up behind her. Beam followed hoping that she wasn't walking to her death.

They walked over to where there were a couple of bikes under a shelter and Beam spotted a young man in racing gear over the bodyguard's shoulder. They stopped walking and she could feel her heart racing. 

Is P'Payu really here?

"Mr Payu, this girl says she's with you?"

"Who?"

The bodyguard stepped aside, giving Payu and Beam a clear view of each other.

Payu was dressed in a tight black t-shirt and dark blue overalls with the arms tied around his waist. As soon as he set his eyes on her, his eyes narrowed and Beam instantly knew that he was angry.

"Is this true?"

Payu reached out and grabbed her arm, pulling her to stand beside him and wrapped his arm around her waist tightly. Beam didn't dare look at him as his hand squeezed her side.