Explanation

This is an explanation for the one-shot "His Weird Friend" please read the one-shot before reading this as it won't make sense at all whatsoever or don't.

So Mr. Weiss (Astoria's dad) inherited a large company from his father before he passed.
Mr. Weiss wasn't very smart on how to operate the company so he came very close to bankruptcy.

Eventually he met the Springfield Maifa which made a deal with him. They help his company gain money again and gave him some money so he could take some busniess courses to pay off his tuition.

His company was finally making plenty of money and he was more than happier than ever.
But he had forgot the deal with the mafia.
They demanded him to finish his part of the deal and he agrees as he strongly believes all they want is cash.

But when he hears they need an assassin for the mafia as the previous one ran away and is presumably dead.
They ask him either to join them or recruit someone into the job.

Mr. Weiss disagrees as it goes against his moral as a
"man of society" and urges them to just take the money and leave which they do so.

Years later Tony felt like he got cheated on so he visits Mr. Weiss' manison and plans on to kill the person he loves the most....his wife.

Tony got one of his henchmen to do the dirty deed which they do end up completing. They kill her during the day as Mr. Weiss will be at work and his two daughters at school.

Astoria is the unlucky one who finds her mother's corpse which would give her trauma for the rest of her life.

Mr. Weiss knows it was the doing of the mafia yet he blames his daughter and treats her like crap, cause he is a sexist jerk.
He decides to hurry up and tries to find someone to recruit as he fears the mafia might take Alice out as well.

He meets Skinner at a bar and tells him he would offer him a job after he fights in Vietnam.
Skinner agrees as he needs a job after the war.

After the dinner scene in the one-shot when Astoria leaves with Bianca, Skinner explains he felt very uncomfortable and leaves with no futhermore explanations.

Mr. Weiss has enough and decides to make Astoria the assassin the mafia needs.

So he gets someone to invite her to a party he causes some form of drama that goes against his daughter, and gets fat tony to take her to break her spirits. To make the ultimate hardcore assassin which ends up killing around 230+ people.
Astoria's career ends and she finds a job.