1: Unexpected Beginnings

(Note: f/h/d means favorite hot drink!)

Nari takes me to a small room inside the ship, and there we find Merlin, books and snow globes surrounding him in the air. He studies a large glowing blue orb with images of unfamiliar people wielding magic and armored trolls, and closes it promptly at the sight of Nari and I.

"Y/n, Nari. Is there something you need?" The old wizard smiles at the both of us and starts putting all of his things away.

"Are you going to take Y/n to fetch the Guardians, or should we take her and Skrael to Camelot and let her meet Claire and Blinkous first?" Nari lets go of my hand and walks over to inspect a snow globe.

"Take them to Claire and the talkative troll first. Meeting too many people at once may prove to be too much for the mind. Unless you would like to come with me, my dear?" Merlin raises an eyebrow at me, and I shake my head.

"I'd like to stay with Skrael, if you don't mind. It might also be confusing for the Guardians to see an unfamiliar face. Introductions can happen at a later time," I smile brightly to prove my point, and the wizard's expression softens.

"Very well, then. I will be taking my leave now. Take care of her, Nari," With those last words, he disappears into thin air, and the forest spirit takes me back onto the ship's deck.

"It appears we have arrived sooner than expected. Welcome to Camelot, Y/n," My eyes widen in awe as I peer at the floating castle, and we gently park our ship and get out. The stone doesn't seem to have aged a day, but I can tell the structure is from medieval times. Sensing a presence behind me, I turn around and see Skrael, who gestures for me to go inside with Nari. He probably wants to take a look around and see if he can find anything that can help Merlin and the others. I nod and face forward, taking the forest spirit's outstretched hand with a smile.

Holding Nari's hand, I follow her into a room deeper inside the castle. The door opens, revealing a pretty girl wearing purple armor, and a blue troll with six eyes and four arms. Their confused faces are quickly replaced with a look of realization.

"You must be Y/n. I'm Claire. Claire Nunez. I can't believe we're finally meeting you!" The armored girl runs up to me, grabs both my hands, and her big brown eyes excitedly peer into my own. I open my mouth to speak, but am immediately cut off by the troll behind her.

"Y/n! We have heard much about you and your paramour! My name is Blinkous Galadrigal, but you may address me as Blinky," He gestures with his multiple arms as he talks, and I feel a bit overwhelmed.

"Uh, hi? I would introduce myself but you seem to already know my name, so..." I look behind me to see if Skrael could help me out, but he's not here yet. He's probably exploring the castle or catching up with Nari. He hasn't seen his little sister in a while, after all.

"Oh, sorry about that. I'm just really glad to have another girl on the team. I hope we can be good friends!" She lets go of my hands and holds one out for me to shake instead. I smile and take it, and her lips curl up into an adorable grin of her own.

"I also apologize for my rudeness. We were eagerly anticipating the moment when Merlin would bring the two of you here to assist us. We are currently in the midst of a terrible calamity. Where is your paramour? Has he not yet arrived?" I shrug as Blinky looks behind me, and a familiar chill envelops the room.

"I am right here," Skrael appears right behind Blinky's shoulder, and the troll jumps with fright. Skrael chuckles wryly and floats to my side, landing as he takes my hand. He gives me a sweet smile as the door opens once again, revealing Nari holding a tray of steaming drinks.

"Coffee for Claire and Blinky, unsweetened black tea for Skrael, and f/h/d for Y/n. Let us sit and chat for a while, hm?" Taking a seat on a nearby chair, I giggle as I see the heaping swirl of whipped cream on top of Blinky's cup, and take a small sip of my warm drink, sighing in contentment as my nerves loosen and relax for the first time since arriving on this ship.