2: At The Castle

A little while back...

"What manner of sorcery is this?" The knight in front of us takes his helmet off and shakes his long blonde locks. I notice that he bears a great resemblance to Steve.

"Sir Lancelot! Um..." Douxie shrinks in on himself as he fumbles for an explanation while Claire and I nervously glance at each other, worried about how we're going to get out of this mess.

"Wow! He's so handsome..." Steve gushes over his likeness and I have to stifle a laugh.

"I... we-" Douxie begins to explain our situation, before Lancelot cuts in again, stepping forward and pointing his sword at the dark-haired wizard.

"Wait! Aren't you Merlin's errand boy?" He questions and runs his gaze over the rest of us.

"He's like an angel man..." Steve sighs and yelps when Jim's stasis chamber cracks and shatters, making Lancelot narrow his eyes and step closer. He jumps backwards when the Trollhunter's hand reaches out and Jim emerges from the crystal.

"Jim! Are you okay?" Claire rushes over to Jim and grabs his shoulders, and Lancelot raises his sword over the pair.

"Troll! Troll! To arms!" He's about to bring his blade down, but Douxie steps in front of him.

"Wait! Chill out, lads!" He waves his hands in front of us, and I quickly step beside him to help.

"Chill? Out?" Lancelot questions, and the rest of the knights look to each other and scratch their helmets inquisitively.

"It's alright! He's one of the good ones!" I smile in an attempt to reassure them, but Lancelot gives me a dark look and walks toward me.

"There are no good ones," he pushes me backwards, and Douxie catches me by the forearms to prevent me from hitting the ground, scowling at Lancelot for touching me.

"Monsters are forbidden in Arthur's lands. You'll hang before the king for your insolence," he growls at the five of us, and signals to the rest of the knights before walking away.

"He even talks like an angel. Wait, what's an 'insolence'?" Steve questions, and the knights shove him and the rest of us away to be tied up and led to Camelot.

~~~~~

In the present...

"Let go of me! I want my one phone call!" Steve yells to the knights for the thousandth time, and I sigh in annoyance.

"There aren't any phones here, Steve," I shake my head and look around us, attempting to find a way we might be able to escape, but we're on a bridge and surrounded by water and knights on both sides.

"Claire, what happened? What are we doing at a Renn faire?" Jim reaches his hand out and immediately pulls it back after he suffers a sunlight burn.

"Jim!" Claire goes to check on his wound, but turns back at the sound of Douxie's voice.

"We're prisoners in the, uh, Dark Ages. I'd say Mid 12th century, with no way home. It's not an ideal situation..." He grimaces at his own words, and my irritation at the way I've been treated thus far and the situation we are currently in makes me lash out at him.

"Ideal?! We're about to be brought in front of the king for trespassing, and the Trollhunter has a shard of evil magic in his chest!" I half-scream at Douxie out of annoyance, but he doesn't even flinch.

"Actually, I'm still hurt, but it feels different somehow..." Jim looks down at the onyx shard in his amulet, and Douxie comes closer to inspect it.

"Mordrax's miracles, he's right! When we jumped back in time, it must have frozen the corruption in place," the dark-haired boy exclaims with a satisfied smile, and I sigh in relief to know that Jim isn't going to be affected by the onyx shard while we're here.