Chapter 10

Trigger Warning: This chapter contains rape. While there are hints to things to come and hints at explanations, if rape is a problem for you, I will understand if you skip it. This will be the only chapter that contains non-con. While you may not understand the purpose of this being included in this story, there is a reason. (I do not put rape in a story without a reason.) The reason is explained in the chapter, however brief it is.

*****

HE watched you leave with an ever heavy heart. He even spurred the poor stag out into the open for a bit to be sure you would not falter in the snow, or even against all odds, turn around. While the cold was not the issue for either of them, the snow and wind itself was problematic for visibility and stability.

He kept hoping you would turn, even slightly, then by the powers that held both of you now he had the right to take you away and keep you.

Enchantment sacrificed herself to the pack. Even he had not seen that when he wound the paths of the forest. He knew he had deemed the pack survive for many years on, he knew Enchantment would die soon, but he had not foretold that fate would take it in such a twist. There was another force at work then... the one that bound even him by it's laws, and what punished those that bent them too far.

He watched through the thick falling snow, even as the wind whipped his hair about his face and neck, as you turned and looked for him finally in vain. Your human eyes could not see through this thick storm, and he had to use glamour to blend in else the other humans may see him. You turned back and knocked. After a few moments the door opened. He seen the woman make the sign of the cross, there was some hesitation and discussion then you disappeared inside. He stayed in that spot rooted for a time staring at it.

Heavy anguish settled in. The darkness of his own forest encroached on his mind. It was his heart breaking once again. You were human after all... how could you remember to come home unless the High One made it come to pass? After all that he had done, why would He?

Why should the way out be provided without pain being experienced after what he had brought upon himself and his people all because he could not bear the burden of his own heart?

Here he was, once again, broken, guilty, head and heart full of dark thoughts and pain beyond imagining. You were all that held promise for him... and there was even a small hope within him, even if it was a foolish one.

He turned his spur back to the wood, and made his way home. Stopping briefly to retrieve the saddle and bridle from the carcass of the sacrificed animal.

Much had been given for your sake. But more given back to him in your arrival... life had joy and meaning beyond duty. The shadows could not reach so far. Even his forest, long dark and sickly healed during your time there. That was how he knew who you were... What you were meant to be. He just did not expect his own heart to be moved so much.

As he reached his gates, and seen his son on the horizon, he went over the events that led to such pain, and winced at the memory. Once across the bridge, he dismounted in front of Legolas and few other guards who awaited him. Time for him was where it was before he turned it back for you. Your realm and his forever separated by a veil few could cross.

As he dismounted, and exchanged words with his son about your safe arrival, and the passing of Enchantment he felt the shadows becoming larger, heavier, stronger. His son even looked about him alarmed, but said nothing. He watched his beloved child walk away to lead the stables so that he may take the saddles and bridles to their places, and let the stag free to roam again.

His son was always his greatest treasure, his wife his greatest love. Vanity was her biggest weakness, and in the end it was what killed her. It took your arrival to help him realize that. He did not get to her in time because her heart had turned ill, and the powers that be needed to remedy that else the seasons themselves be influenced.

The 'should have, could have, would have'... The lake of guilt and grief, loneliness itself... not love that bound him to a terrible consequence which he had mistaken for love. He had loved her more than anything, even life itself before her heart turned, and when it turned she pushed him aside, and with that his own heart closed off. Her warmth was no longer comforting, but scolding. He had spent one night with you, and in it seen the difference.

Afterall, when had been the last time before that in which he had willingly laid with a woman? Even when she was alive, towards the end it was out of duty or sheer force that he had... and it continued even now.

As he made his way solemnly through the corridors and walkways he felt his ever present companion following. Rage was contained deep within her, but she remained thankfully silent.

He finally looked at her when he reached his chambers, and his hand was on the door. He knew her silence would end once they were alone, and all he had done in the past few days, happy and sorrowful would be challenged, and brought up - scrutinized.

More to it, her weakness was now found, her enemy had a face. But that foe was not there to hold her at bay from him.

He entered, she followed slick as shadow itself only could. He went immediately to the wine table and drew himself up ready for the battle he knew would ensue.

"You have already given her my crown. Have you not?" she questioned coming out of the shadowy domain, and revealing her unearthly countenance. She was solid and pale, deathlike in her skin - the vivid eyes she had before now pale blue blocks of ice. She was still beautiful, but her personality twisted and consumed by her vanity. Hate and the dying embers of the memory of their once upon time love fueled her. "It was how you found her.... knew she was threatened."

He stared hard and long at her. She had disappeared for a while after you left. It made him suspicious.

"The connection told me where she was, but it was your lengthy absence from this palace that made me feel sure she was threatened. But in answer to your question, dearest..." he emphasized the word with mockery, "Not completely, but yes, the process has begun whether by my will or the powers themselves."

He drained the cup he had poured, and set it down, then went to the corner to begin disrobing. He turned about to look at her before he sat down.

"I warn you, do not touch her again, or I will find a way to end you."

She let out a good hearty laugh at that, and watched him lay down on the bed, stretching out.

"Is not that your plan anyway?" She came to the bed, and climbed on top of him straddling his hips, and began rubbing against his clothed groin.

"Not this again...Leave me be creature!" he shouted.

She leaned down close to his face and snarled, "I am still your wife... Until she takes my place, there is nothing you can do to stop me."

"Get off of me." he hissed in her face. She snickered, and ran a hand down his chest, and to his trousers clasp and unhooked them.

"What are you going to do? Beat me? You never did that even when you should have before. Why start now?" She brought her cold lips to his chin and nipped. "Or can you only pleasure your little whore now? Until I am gone, that is all she will ever be."

She slipped her hand inside his trousers at that and began to rub him. Cold as her hands were his body betrayed him, as it always did, and responded to the attentions. He cursed. So this was her retribution?

"You will never be able to stop me..." she whispered in his ear before kissing her way down his chest, pulling the fabric aside at his loins and let his member come free. With a victorious grin she took him in her mouth, and roughly began sucking, licking and bobbing up and down.

He closed his eyes as he always did. Just as he did when she was not this thing she was now and waited for her to finish everything she was planning to do to violate him and reclaim her property.

"I hate you..." he whispered while digging his hands in the sheets waiting for it to end.