Chapter 1: Unexpected

8 months later 

Bella

Winters in Bradford remind me of winters in Italy, I miss it I feel like anytime it snows anywhere I am I'm reminded of Italy. I haven't spoken to anyone from my family in months and It's been affecting me daily. The babies have been tiring me more and more every day. Yes babies, twins actually a girl and a boy according to the doctor. 

I'm exhausted I feel as if my life is in this constant recurring cycle that's just repeating over and over and over again.  I miss Atlas and I'd be lying if I said otherwise, and I really wished that he'd been a part of this pregnancy. 

I'm currently walking down the street on a cold winter day heading into one of my favorite cafés.  The doctor restricted my coffee to a cup every here and there instead of every day. Elizabeth has been a huge help these past few months, she let me stay with her, helped me get ready for the baby and even went to doctor appointments with me. She's always been the sister I never had and proven that I could count on her for anything. 

I stand in line to order my drink and then take a seat at an empty table. I'm scrolling through my phone that I put under Liz's name so he can't find me.  I see a shadow in the corner of my eye stand Infront of me. "What are you doing so far away from home love" the familiar Spanish voice says to me. I look up to a warm smile from the Spanish mob boss himself. I try to smile back but that's been something I only do with Liz now instead I chuckle a little. "I should be asking you the same exact question, shouldn't you be in Spain Leonardo"? 

He chuckles a very pure chuckle like he's actually amused by what I said "on the contrary love I live right here in England". The look of shock is probably painted over my features. Then I hear my name being called to get my drink so I stand up so I can go get it. I can feel his eyes scan my huge belly and look up into my eyes for a second. "You're pregnant" he says matter-of-factly. I smile a knowing smile "I am" I say back. 

He smiles warmly again "congratulations love, but I still don't understand why you're here and Atlas is in America" I try not to let this conversation about him affect me "because we aren't together anymore Leonardo" he frowns and gives me a somewhat knowing look. "I'm sorry love, he never deserved such a gorgeous person like yourself anyway" I give him a small smile "it's fine, I should've expected it from him" I shake my head to nothing in particular. 

After I grabbed my drink I go back to my table to see Leonardo still there but he's sitting now. I sit back down and he gives me another one of his charming smiles "so when are you due" he asks causally. I answer "January 24th" and he nods intrigued. "Is it a girl or a boy?" he asks another question I smile "It's actually both a girl and a boy" he seems even more interested now "wow that's amazing". 

We spent 2 hours talking about the babies and my plans for them. I think I just needed someone to listen because the second he asked the second question I couldn't stop talking. Liz has been trying her best to make me happy so I never wanted to bother her with my fantasies of what I want my children's lives to be like. We both get up and head to the café doors. He offers to drive me home because it's cold and windy and I politely accept because I don't want to walk the ten minute walk back to the house. 

He leads me to his matte black Bugatti Chiron and opens the door for me. He runs to the drivers side and backs out of the parking lot. He asks for my address and I give it to him. The drive to my place was 5 minutes and I can tell he was making sure to drive extra careful. He stops the car next to Liz and I's house.  

"Thank you Leonardo" I say giving him a small smile. He smiles back "you're welcome love" he says his English accent more prominent than ever. He leans in and kisses my cheek "take care of the twins and yourself Bella" he says sweetly. 

I smile a genuine smile this time. "Thank you I will" I say before he gets out to open my door. He offers me his hand to help me get out of the car. I gladly accept then he slides a paper into my hand and gives me a light shoulder rub before going back to the drivers side of his car. 

I start walking up to the door and unlocking it. I notice he's still waiting for me to get inside. I wave one last time before going in. The second I close the door I hear his engine speed off. I don't know what the fuck just happened. 

The moment Liz hears me come in the house she rushes over to me "whoooo was that fine specimen" she says with her very very English accent. "Someone I knew from New York" I answer her question briefly. "Well that guy seemed more than just someone you knew Bella" she says lifting her eyebrow. "were you spying on me Liz" I say with a knowing smirk. 

"Me! spy, I would neverr" she exaggerates. I shake my head at her nonsense and announce that I'm going to my room to rest. She says okay and goes to her room as well. 

I still didn't look at the paper he gave me before I left. I look down at it with excitement that I haven't felt in a while. 

first off stop calling me Leonardo my real names Andres, Leonardo is my father. Second off I want you to call me if you need anything love (***)***-****

                                                                                                                                                                                       -Andres

I don't want to fall for another one of them. I won't allow it. Even if it's an unexpected love.