8. Leaving.

TW: Panic Attacks, Referencing things ig- refrencing eating problems.
1083 words.

Sapnap couldn't tell if it was just himself overthinking, or if something was wrong with the kid. Well, he knew that Tommy had a few difficulties with eating after getting him snacks.. but Tommy also crying just when he called him a good kid? (A/N: Literally me, cried when parent said they were proud of me<3) Something was wrong and he needed to figure out what. So the most logical thing would be to look into the parental backstory and where his parents live right?

Right.

Sapnap got to George whenever he could get away from the sleeping kid and he poked the non-kid who was also sleeping.

"George.... 404.... Gogy— Sim—"

"Watch it."

"Oh."

George slowly sat up, looking at the onyx-eyed holder.

"What do you want Sapnap?..." George yawned quietly, his goggles tilted slightly to where one of his eyes weren't hidden while the other was.

"I need your help.. I uh.. need to know about the kid."

"Tommy?.. alright... What about?"

"Parental Backstory."

George paused for a small moment, before glancing at Sapnap as if he had three heads.

"What the- where is this coming from??" The brunette sounded confused, oozing skeptically at the raven-head.

"I just need to know who Tommy's parents are." Sapnap said, getting a little impatient.

"Fine... What's Tommy's full name?" George turned to his computer and pulled up files of everyone in L'Manburg.

"Uh.. I think he said Tommy.. Kraken Innit or something?" He took a small moment, thinking to the first time they met.

George clicked aorund for a small moment, just searching up 'Tommy Innit' into the system. It coming up with absolutely nothing.

George slightly tensed up, looking at the computer infront of him.

"Are you sure thats his name..?" George slightly turned, taking off his goggles and placing them on his desk.

"I mean.. that's what he said...? Why?..."

"Uh huh... uhm.. There's no file on Tommy." George turned in his spinny-chair and rested one leg over the other.

Wait- what?

"What?" Sapnap sounded completely lost, looking at George.

"Either we've got ourself a criminal.. or he's lying about something. Which can still be a crime—" George placed his hands onto his lap, head tilting at Sapnap slightly.

Tommy couldn't- Tommy can't be a criminal. He doesn't fit anything that a criminal would fit- He's a good kid. And Sapnap knew that. He wouldn't let Tommy get hurt, and at this point. He wouldn't push it. He didn't want to upset Tommy or anything like that.

I mean.. Tommy has a reason right?

....

Right.

....

Right.

Tommy's POV

He stood silent at the door, he was going to knock but.. after what he just heard?... he couldn't. He continued listening until he didn't want to anymore. How could they find things out like that- that quick?

Tommy turned and froze, looking fearful at the masked Hero.

"Hm.. Hello Tommy." Dream's mask has tilted slightly and Tommy couldn't tell if it was in a tauntingly way or an actual caring way. At this point he didn't care. He just wanted to get home.

"What are you doin here bud? Aren't you suppose to be resting or maybe.. eating?" Dream slightly got closer, sending Tommy a small area back- since he didn't want to hit the door nor get closer to Dream. He'd rather not have 3 Hero's knowing he was listening. Bad enough it was one.

"I—.. I w-was going to.. get Flame.."

"But you didn't."

Tommy slightly shook where he stood, not knowing what to do- Dream was so nice in the letter but now- he-

Tommy flinched at the door behind him opening with a small squeak of the door hinges.

"Tommy?" Flames voice sounded a little confused, Dream straightening out and looking at the one behind Tommy.

Tommy felt panicked and couldn't really talk, his foot tapping against 5eh floor aggressively as his chest felt like it was being compressed.

After a few small moments his breathing got shallow, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Tommy..!?" Flame quickly moved and woudo grab him gently, Tommy leaning into him while shaking and panicking.

"Hey hey— Look at me.. look at me-" Flame gently turned Tommy"s chin to make him face the older of the two.

"Breath with me.. okay?.. breath with me.." He stayed calm for the younger, slowly breathing in and out- slowly healing Tommy's breathing.

"Kid.. your okay.. I'm here." Tommy slightly leaned against him, holding on tightly- and when he looked up he paused.

Instead of the masked hero Flame, he was seeing him without the mask.

Tommy slightly panicked and covered his eyes, his face being a bit puffy and his hands still shaking softly but he acted a bit like before.

Flame let out a slight laugh, "Ouch- I thought I looked good too."

Tommy paused- "WAITNONO- I d-didn't mean-! You- Your not- you—"

"Shh.. I was joking kid... it's okay."

Tommy had a slight sigh of relief, slightly taking a few glances here and there at the elders face. I mean- he didn't want to forget him.

"Hey Tommy?" A different voice from behind him asked.

Tommy flinched before looking at the Mushroom-man.

"Yea?"

"What district do you live in? We should be taking you home soon. Wouldn't want parents getting worried." 404 made uncomfortable eye contact with the younger the whole time through his dark goggles.

"Oh.. yea uh— don't.. dont worry about it.. I'll make my way there by myself-"

"No." Flame suddenly said, making Tommy's head snap to him.

"No?... I- I can get there on my own it's.. it's not that hard-" Tommy's hand tapped against his leg while he spoke, he was going to get caught he was going to get caug-

"Tommy- I'm coming with yo-" Flame tried.

"Just let the kid go." Dream cut in, which caused all 3 of them to look at him.

"Go get your stuff Tommy." Dream said, Tommy hesitating- before running to the room he originally woke up in.

He moved to a drawer and grabbed his bag, before checking  and looking for his phone-

Damnit.

It's dead.

Fuck.

He slowly went back out, shoving his phone into his pocket.

Flame and Dream were bickering with eachother quietly while 404 just stared at Tommy.

404 tilted his head slightly, motioning for him to go.

Tommy hesitated for a moment, before waking out quickly.

Tommy sighed, this was going to be a long day.