02

[Daphne]

Ngayon alam ko na kung ano ang silbi ng number sa bracelet ko. Miss Astra already announced the first round of the meet and I must say this is not what I expected.

First round: Each magic user will be placed under an illusion where they will fight ten demons. Those demons are not real hence it is part of the illusion. Magic users are allowed to use their magic and will be given only 10 minutes to finish off the demons. No rules are made but if a magic user is not able to defeat even a single demon, they won't be able to proceed to the next round.

Zora caught my attention when she poked me, "Anong number mo, Daphne?" she asked.

I raised my arm showing my bracelet.

"I'm next to one, number 2." I'm not nervous or what, hindi ko lang inaakala that I would fight right away, and come to think of it, we are over a hundred here tapos ako pa ang pangalawa. What a blessing.

"Wow! So, it means ikaw ang susunod sa akin." I looked at Zora. She showed her bracelet at tama nga siya, she's number one. Hindi ko pa naitatanong kung anong magic mayroon siya but looking at her aura and how confident she is, I think she is the big shot here.

Tiningnan ko ang timer na nasa stage, 3 minutes.

Tatlong minuto na lang at magsisimula na ang first round. Nakakainis lang dahil hindi ko makita si Mason sa audience.

Huminga ako ng malalim to calm and prepare myself. I need to self-medidate.

I remembered my brother again.

"Daphne, when fighting, hindi dapat pinapairal ang emosyon mo. Whether you are sad, happy, or angry, never let these emotions damage your mind. You need a strategy if you want to win. Of course, your emotions would help you to have a motivation to win but always remember, never let it overcome you."

Kuya, I don't know if I could follow your words. Dahil lahat ng ito, my fight is for you. In everything that I do, it will always be for you.

I will avenge your death.

Lahat ng paghihirap ko sa training at paghahanda para sa araw na ito, it is all because of anger and my will to have revenge. Dahil hanggang ngayon hindi ko pa din matanggap ang pagkamatay ni Kuya, his death is my daily reminder that I need to be strong, that I need to be powerful enough to defeat a demon.

Tumingin ako sa taas, sa stage kung nasaan ang mga presidente ng factions. I must admit, just by looking at them, alam ko na agad that they are way beyond our league. Yung magic energy na nakapalibot sakanila, sobrang lakas. Nakakatakot.

Sabi sakin ni Mason mas okay raw kung sa Dawnless or Fourspire ako mapunta. It will be easier to enhance my magic pag sa top factions ako napunta and besides Mason was a former Dawnless but then he retired and became my brother's apprentice.

Nabalik ako sa realidad nang tumunog na ulit yung buzzer. The time is up and when I looked to see Zora ay nandoon na agad siya sa may gilid ng entablado. There was a stage at the middle where the magic users will be going for the first round.

Hindi naman halatang excited si Zora dahil hindi pa siya tinatawag ay nandoon na agad siya sa gilid.

Miss Astra started speaking again, "For the first up, come to the stage, number 001, Zora Haven!" Cheers and applause enveloped the hall.