Chapter Thirty One

A/N: I was supposed to upload this tomorrow, but here you go. Haha Please don't forget to vote and write down your comments below! xx

Ayla

THE REST OF the week passed without much incident. Classes were hard, but I knew they would be. I already had a short paper due in two of them, and we had quizzes in my other three classes.

Every night, Kade would call me and we would talk until I fell asleep with him still on the other line. It has become one of the things I look forward to after a tiring day. His grandfather had been discharged yesterday and he told me that he's coming back tomorrow and I could barely contain my excitement.

It was Friday, and I was on my way to the parking lot to meet Silas when Liv catch up to me.

"Hey, Ayla, wait up!"

I smiled at her pastel pink hair with purple highlights which she dyed a few days ago. We were in the campus dining hall when she told me that she was finally entering her spontaneous era and so the next day I almost didn't recognize her. She look absolutely adorable.

"What's up?"

"We're heading out to Stacy's for dinner. You want to come?" she said in a rush, still catching her breath.

I bit my lip and frowned. "Um,"

I was torn. I was going to finish reading the book in my room and wait until Kade call me. That. That's my exciting college life Friday night plans.

She tugged on my arms. "Come on. It's just me, Brad, my roommate, and a few others."

Shit. What should I do?

She took pity on me. "Come on, if it's not a scene for you, we'll go back together."

I beamed at her. "Okay, I'll come."

She flashed me a smile. "Good. I'll meet you there in fifteen? I'll just drop by at the locker. Or if you wait around, we can walk there together?"

I glanced back and saw Silas in the distance, waiting. I turn to Liv, "Actually, I'll meet you there."

"Awesome. See you!" She jog back inside the building and I head towards the parking lot.

Silas walk around to my side and open the door before looking at me expectantly.

"So, uh, I'm going out to dinner with my friend."

He stared at me hard before he said, "I need to inform Mr. Sinclair."

For some reason, my face heated in both embarrassment and annoyance. "It's fine. I'll inform him myself."

I rattled off the name of the restaurant bar and slid inside. Pulling out my phone, I typed a quick text to Kade and told him about my of plans. I only then noticed the texts I sent him this morning was still unread. He must be very busy.

"We're here, Ma'am."

I jerked out of my thoughts. The car had stopped and I scrambled out the door to find that we were at the entrance of Stacy's. When Silas closed the door behind me, I looked at him, "I can just order an Uber later—"

He gestured at the door. "I'll be waiting here, Miss Ayla."

"I—thank you..."

He nodded and I hurried to the door. When I walked inside, I cringed as I saw the place was packed. It seemed that all the students needed a drink. Stacy's is a small pub within campus grounds and as expected on Friday night, a large portion of the customers were students. Six large screens were mounted around the place and currently showing a football match. It was a total sports hangout and my introvert self was about to bolt right out of the door when I finally spot Liv. She saw me approaching and stood from her seat eagerly.