Chapter Thirty Four

Until two months ago, the world was my damn oyster.

Our family has always been a part of high society and I was born and raised with everything I could have dreamed of. My parents made sure to give me all the support and provided me everything that my heart's desired like driving the most expensive car in town, or wearing the latest designer clothes with a maid at my beck and call to fulfill my every need.

They also drilled it into my head that meeting a wealthy man to settle down with is the way to go. Not like Ayla, who thinks being smart matters. I know what being book smart can do, but I also know having a man with money to keep you in a life of luxury beats that, hands down.

So when Kade came into my life, I knew it had been my calling. Kade Sinclair is like every girl's dream. When I saw him across the room while I was having drinks in some beach club abroad, I had a moment of panic because I never thought I stood a chance. He's the first man I ever genuinely loved. One look and I was a goner. He's hot, young and rich, the trifecta that I've come to accept was my due. I knew all about him through magazines that talked about his life in prominence as being the only heir to Sinclair Enterprises. His family is mega rich, while ours isn't too shabby, but we're nowhere near their level.

So that day, I sneak back into my room and done more research about him before meeting him. There's not much that I could find because he's known for being very private and mysterious that as much as media wants to know about him, they never get the chance. All I could find is informations from these damn 'sources'.

But it's okay. I'll take whatever I can use. It didn't matter to me whether or not he has a girlfriend, that woman is no match for me. I've had years of experience with boys and even men twice my age. I've learned just how to twist a man around my fingers, and now with Kade Sinclair in my sights, I have no doubt I will reel him in. The excitement was almost too much to bear, and I found myself grinning into my pillow as visions of the future with the most handsome and wealthy man played through my head.

So the next day, I set out my plan, put on my innocent act and approached him. I expected a little resistance at first, so imagine my surprise when he flirted back. When he brought me to his room later that night and fucked me senseless, I see it as the universe telling me that I deserve everything I set my eyes on. The sex was better than anything I'd ever experienced, ever since I'd lost my cherry at fourteen to one of my father's business partners. Kade flew back to states the next day but not before telling me that I'll be seeing him soon.

A month later, he moved in our town and I was easily became the most envied girl in our community. Some of my friends thought everything is happening so fast when he proposed two months after we met, but I didn't care. If a man that's as handsome and as rich as Kade picked me to be his wife, I'll do whatever damn thing I can to make sure he's bind to me in every possible way. I also didn't care that he has been fending off my advances and the one and only time he touched me was that one night in Costa Rica.

Kade was my ultimate prized and beside the fact that he's a key to secure my future, I was really in love with him by then. He dotes on me like a good boyfriend, if not for our lacked of sex, but still, I feel cherished and pampered. He's everything I've ever wished for.

Maybe that's why the betrayal cuts so deep.

Not even the death of my father, or the sentencing of my mother caused me this so much devastation.
At first I felt rage, then sadness and back to anger again. While I was deduced to a mere pauper and being shunned by everyone in our hometown, and all the while looking for Kade everywhere in hopes that he can save me from this predicament I was in, turns out he and my sister was out here living their lives in happiness.