Dirt Roads and Ghost Towns

[volume 0 chapter 1]

(Y/N) P.O.V.

. . .

It's been a week since I arrived in this world.

After I awoke following my first fight I made sure to create a weapon for myself as I didn't want to fight those things hand to hand again... or hand to claw in this case I guess.

Said weapon was a axe made from a sharp rock, some twine, and a branch from a tree.

Crude, but it gets the job done.

In fact I had a few more encounters with the beasts and that axe came in handy in dealing with them.

I've also been starting to hunt various animals for food.

Yeah, killing, gutting, cooking, and eating my first animal was certainly an experience.

For some reason that meal tasted better than what I expected.

I tried to skin it so I could try and use it for the creation of a bag but I didn't have enough experience or knowledge to pull it off.

. . .

some good news I found a road.

It was made of dirt and the foliage suggested that it hadn't been traveled in a long while but it's better than nothing as it could lead to a more well traveled road.

And from there, I can find some form of civilization.

And with civilization, I can find food, water, shelter, and safety.

Speaking of safety (or lack there of) I've fought several more of those beasts. Luckily the wounds I received during my first fight seems to have healed completely thanks to that black ash stuff the beasts dissolve into when they are killed.

This Essence as I've come to call it seems to have some other uses but I can't quite get it to work, it's as if I'm missing something important. . .

Another thing I noticed is that absorbing it feels rather pleasant. . .

Further research is required.

I've also noticed that I don't tire out quickly, I have been power walking for several hours straight and yet I haven't become tired.

It's become pretty obvious that I'm not human anymore, which leads me to a concern that if I do reach civilization. The people there might not react well to the aforementioned fact.

But, yet again I will have to save such concerns for when civilization is actually in reach.

. . .

. . .

. . .

(2 hours later)

(Y/N): *singing* "Traitor, Xeno, Heretic. There all as one to us~"

(Y/N): *singing* "we will scorch then from existence with our engines devious~"