11 - The Start

(Y/n POV)

I finally decided to walk away from the mirror and towards my closet. I grabbed out a light grey shirt, a black and grey flannel then some holey black jeans. I've sewn some patches onto my jeans, such as a few white bats and a few other things. I got dressed and made my way upstairs for some food. Surprisingly, no one was up there which made me feel almost paranoid. It's a stupid thought but one that hit me quickly. My parents are always up here talking to Steve... every morning. It was a regular occurrence at this point.

Yet, I still decided to grab some food anyways. I opened the fridge... then the cabinet... then the fridge again... then another cabinet. You know what? I'll just have SpaghettiOs. Not a normal breakfast food... but I'm not really wanting anything else. Toast is my usual and I'm not about to try and convince myself to eat a whole bagel. I opened the can, threw it in a bowl, and put it in the microwave. I looked back at the can and put one minute and thirty seconds into the microwave time panel.

I was waiting for my SpaghettiOs to cook while looking through the newspaper that was sitting on our counter. 'School Semester Ends in 3 weeks' 'Pets Mysteriously Disappearing'. I continued flipping through the pages until I heard someone walk into the kitchen.

"What are you waiting for?" It was Steve's voice. I really did not want to deal with him this morning no I just pointed to the microwave which should almost be done. "Well hurry up and eat then I'm driving you to school." I finally looked up from the newspaper I wasn't even reading with a confused look on my face.

"You are going to drive me to school? Why?"

"I feel bad. Ya know?"

"What do you want?"

"Do I have to want something Y/n"

"You never help me unless you want something. So of course, I'm going to think you want something"

"Maybe I just want to be nice"

"I don't need your quote-on-quote niceness. Now, what do you want?"

"Look, just get ready and I'll take you to school" I groaned, and Steve walked out of the room. Just as he did the microwave went off, so I quickly grabbed it and walked to the dining room.

I sat there for almost two minutes until I noticed the lights start to flicker. I yelled at Steve to knock it off only to feel my heart drop as I heard his car start. I slowly turned around to the light switch and saw no one. So, I turned my head back up to the lights just to see them getting brighter. 'What the FUCK' is all I thought before they went completely dark. I stood up from chair and heard the buzz from the lamps in the lamp start. I quickly walked out there, and they all started flickering. I watched in a combination of horror and amazement. I turned quickly towards the front door as it crashed open slamming into the wall to see Steve with a worried face.

"Y/n... are you okay?"

"Steve what the fuck is going on."

"Change of plans... I'm not driving you to school."

"What do you mean you're not driving me to school!"

"We're going somewhere else." I watched him run to his room and walk back down with a walkie-talkie in his hand.

"Steve, what is going on?" He ignored me as he talked into the device in his hand.

"Dustin, I don't know what the hell happened. I was starting my car only to look into the Livingroom window and see the lights flickering... No that couldn't happen... No, we got rid of that thing... RUSSIANS? That's what you went to?... DUSTIN THIS IS MY BROTHER FOR FUCK SAKE... Okay fine, we will see you soon."