14 - Back again

(Y/n POV)

I woke up to Steve coming into my room and gently waking me up. I rolled over to look at him and saw a smile on his face. He then told me to get ready for my first day back at school. He then walked out of my room in Dustin's house. I quickly ran to the bathroom and changed into what I was wearing to school today. I grabbed my dirty clothes off the floor and threw them in a bag and walked out of my room. Dustin's mom was making breakfast when I walked down. She greeted me and told me to sit down so I could eat before Steve took Dustin and I took school.

Dustin then started talking and asking me if I had any dreams last night. I know he was insinuating to the dreams I had about the man, who I now know as Henry. I replied no and he seemed to take a mental note of that as his mom sat down plates in front of us. She then sat down a minute later and asked how much longer I would be staying so she can get an accurate amount of groceries. Dustin said that I was going to stay at Max's house for a while but may be back later.

She said how much she loved having me here and asked what my favorite foods were so she could have the ingredients here for when I came back. I smiled and laughed while Dustin tried to list off my favorite foods and I would say yes or no. We ended with SpaghettiOs, pot pies, and muffins. He quite guessing and his mom looked at the time. And quickly sent us out the door to get to school. We saw Steve in the driveway with Robin in the passenger seat. Dustin and I ran into the back seat and quickly got buckled up before we left for school.

"Okay children, are we all ready for school?" Steve said.

"Yes mom." Robin and Dustin said. I just smiled as he pulled out of the driveway and started driving towards school. I looked in the rearview mirror and my smile dropped as I saw Henry's face staring back at me. This fucking asshole. First he says he can't come into this world often, but will gladly torment me in mirrors. Dustin noticed and looked at the rearview mirror then back at me.

"Mirror again?" He asked me. I turned my head away from mirror and nodded at him. "Okay, I'll have to tell Max that we have to cover all mirrors in the house." I laughed as I realized how difficult this was going to be for them.

"Mirrors, what's going on with mirrors?"

"Nothing Steve, you keep on driving." Dustin said smiling. He knows I want to go to school so he must be holding back.

"Just tell me Dustin." Steve replied back to him.

"I will say once we get to school." Steve rolled his eyes and continued driving. Dustin then looked back at me and pulled a walkie-talkies out of his bag.

"Jesus Dustin how many walkie-talkies do you have?" I said confused.

"This one is new, I had my mom pick it up for me so I could give you one. You keep us updated as you go throughout the day. Even when you are at Max's house got it."

"Sir yes sir." I snorted out as we pulled up to school.

The three of us walked into school together and I immediately walked over to my locker. Dustin stayed by my side the whole time and we then walked to his locker and he grabbed his stuff and he walked me to my first class. He said that he would pick me up from this class and figure out what would happen for the rest of the day.

I walked into my Honors art class and immediately sat in the back of the class. Mrs. Quinn noticed me and walked back to talk to me. She said that my brother had called the school and said that I had been sick for a couple of days. I told her that I am feeling better and that I'm sorry for being sick for so long. We talked for a little longer before the bell rang and a bunch of students walked into class and sat in their seats.