12 - Explanations

(Y/n POV)

"They're saying I'm in danger... I'm not, am I?"

"Of course, not Darling, you are never in danger." The man put his hand on my cheek.

"How would you know? You aren't even here with me."

"I don't need to be there to know. Trust me, I would never lie to you."

(Steve's POV)

I watched Y/n in their sleep, I watch from 9 pm to midnight, and Dustin watches after that. He's been staying at Dustin's house since shit hit the fan. I hate not having him at home, we did not see each other much since he doesn't like being around me or the family. But I do still care for him, I've made sure he's had food in the morning. Mom and Dad don't usually make enough for him but I always say I'm hungrier than I am so he can have some food. It's not much but I can't do much more for him, he doesn't want to be around me.

Suddenly Y/n started repeating words. 'Danger' 'Darling' 'Trust me. I started shaking him to wake him up. I don't know what he was dreaming about. But hearing those words makes me uncomfortable. I just don't trust it. He wasn't waking up, so I started shaking him faster. Dustin heard the commotion and walked in. He saw me shaking Y/n and he ran over and started helping. The repeating words got faster and more consistent. 'In Danger 'Trust me 'Never lie' 'Wake up 'Love'.

(Y/n POV)

"Y/n you must wake up."

"I can't, I physically can't" I watched a smirk form on the man's face.

"You can't wake up, Love?" I heard his voice change. It wasn't that comforting feeling voice. It sounded dangerous, almost... deadly. Suddenly things went dark, and I shot up in bed. I looked around at my surroundings. I saw Dustin and Steve and the room that we have been setting up for me in Dustin's guest room. I instantly hugged Steve as I tried to wrap my head around what was going on.

"It's ok buddy, we're here... we're here." Steve rubbed my back as I caught my breath from my dream. Less of a dream, more of a nightmare honestly. "Y/n can you tell us what happened." He looked at me and I just lifted my head out of his chest and looked at Dustin.

"The dreams I've been having. The ones I told mom and dad about. The ones that got me put on meds." I watched as Dustin's and Steve's faces changed. "There's always been a man in them. He makes me feel comfortable, as though I have an actual supporter. But he wasn't this time. He told me to wake up, but I couldn't. It was as if I left my body. But his comforting smile turned into an evil smirk."

"Why were you then repeating the words, Darling and Love?"

"That's what he would call me." Steve and Dustin soon got out of the room to talk, and I went over to the bedside table and pulled out my dream journal.

February 30th – Darling, Love, Trust me, Lie, "Can't Wake up"

I set the book back into the table and walked over to the window. First looking out of it and then opening it. I've made everything so complicated for everyone. I watched as stars twinkled in the sky. I then looked over at a lamp post that had caught my attention. I watched as it got brighter and then dimmer. I yelled for Steve, and he soon came running in. I pointed outside towards the lamp and looked up at him as he watched it. His eyes dilated as he watched, and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Dustin soon came in after and looked out the window as well.

"We can't keep moving Y/n around Steve, it's going to find them no matter what."

"We can try Dustin." I looked up at my brother and smiled at him.

"I'll be okay."

"Y/n I can't let you get hurt. Just by what was in your dream- "

"We don't know if those are correlated."