36 - growing pains

Felix's POV:

December 22

Changbin actually sits with Innie and I on the bus now, and it feels so nice to have him here with me. I think he actually likes Changbin, but still wants to be mad at him because he feels like he needs to protect me. I already told him that I forgave Changbin for everything, and I don't think he wants to believe me at all. It's ok, I know he'll come around eventually.

Like right now, when Changbin came over to our lunch table and sat down, Jeongin just crossed his arms over his chest and pouted a bit. And then after a few minutes, it went away. Especially when Changbin winced, putting his hand over his stomach as he tried to eat his food. I scrunched my eyebrows, about to speak, but Jeongin beat me to it, "What's wrong?"

I glanced over at him, looking at the pout on his face and how he raised an eyebrow like he was genuinely concerned. Changbin clenched his fist under the table, "I don't know. I had this weird pain in my side last night and it hasn't gone away."

My eyes widened, "Do you need me to take you to the nurse? Do you need something? I-I can get you—"

"Babe, I'm fine..." He cut me off, giving me a little smile for reassurance, "It doesn't hurt that bad, ok?"

I pursed my lips, "Are you sure?"

He nodded, and then Jeongin spoke up, "You might have a stomach ulcer..." He said, taking a huge bite of his sandwich, "Did you have ice cream as a late-night snack or something? My friend told me about this."

Changbin shook his head, "I'll be fine. I probably just pulled a muscle or something at the gym."

"So, are you gonna take a break?..." He paused for a moment and then shook his head. I closed my eyes and sighed, "I swear, I will tell Channie and he'll make you stop."

He rolled his eyes, "It's not a big deal, ok? If it hurts more, I'll stop. How about that?"

I hesitated for a second, and then eventually nodded, "But you have to be honest about how you're feeling."

He nodded, leaning over to kiss my cheek, "Promise, I will."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I smiled when I heard the door open, knowing exactly who was coming inside. I was in the middle of making dinner, so I couldn't move from my spot as I yelled, "Binnie! Hyungie! Dinner's almost ready!"

I heard the footsteps coming closer, and Chan walked into the kitchen first, "Yongbokkie, can you please smack some sense into your boyfriend?"

I scrunched my eyebrows together, but then I saw Changbin slowly walking into the kitchen. He was holding onto his side, seeming like it was worse than earlier today. He just rolled his eyes, "I'm fine."

He took a few more steps, reaching out to hold onto the edge of the counter for support. I was quick to stop what I was doing, taking off the gloves I had on and leaving them on the edge of the mixing bowl. I went over to him and gently placed my hand on his shoulder, "I-I think we need to bring you to the hospital—"

"I'm fine..." He cut me off, standing himself up. He straightened his back, scrunching his nose for a moment before taking a breath and relaxing a bit. He took his hand away from his side and then forced a smile, "See?"

I sighed, "Really?"

"Yes, ok?" Changbin was quick to reply.

Chan just snickered to himself, "Changbinnie is stubborn~" He sang in English, reaching out to playfully poke him.