2: Nightmares are sometimes real

"Hang in there Soundwave" Megatronus said carrying me to the Med Bay, I still didn't believe that Megatronus saved me, why me, what could of pushed him to do that? What went through his mind? He could of saved anybody else. I was one of Megatronus' greatest rivals, the one who might be able to defeat him if things went differently.

I wondered what I would of done if our roles were swapped.

I closed my optic's, the pain in my tank was excruciating and I was losing a lot of energon at the same time. My frame was littered with cuts and punctures. I felt as if I would faint from the pain.

"Soundwave, keep your optics open" Megatronus called but I started to slip out of focus. His voice was becoming quieter and quieter until I could no longer hear it.

I watched the sun set below the horizon. Cybertron was a beautiful planet. Vos the city of seekers was known of its mesmerizing palaces. Iacon from it's deep history, you could walk through its libraries and museums the whole solar-cycle. Kaon may of been one of Cybertron's poorest cities doesn't mean that it wasn't magnificent, the pit's were famous and Cybertronian's from all around Cybertron came to watch the great battles.

I watched Cybertron's two suns go round and round, where am I? Who am I? What am I?

Something in my memories came to my conscious.

"Megatronus."

"Shh, Soundwave you need to rest, you can see him soon" an unknown voice invaded my dream, who was he, I thought it was a mech because of his tone of voice.

I opened my optic's to see a red and white medic, "Where am I?" I asked my voice came out in a whisper and I had to repeat myself so the medic heard.

"Your in Iacon hospital, Soundwave" the medic said, "your . . . . friend and Orion came in a few day's ago needing you to get the best medical treatment. I do have to say, you were quite in a ruff shape" the medic continued picking up a tool from a medical deck.

"What's your designation?" I whispered-asked.

"Ratchet" the medic said, "now, how many digits am I holding up" Ratchet asked holding up four of his digits. Why was I in Iacon? Iacon is the type of place that I could only dream of going. I could wander round the Crystal Gardens for breems. Though, because of my caste I have never been able to visit such a magnificent place.

"Four" I muttered closing my optic's. My helm throbbed. My tank was hurting beyond belief. My whole frame ached. All I wanted to do was recharge even though I had only just woken up.

"Soundwave" a voice I recognised said. I opened my optic's to see Megatronus.

All different feelings flooded my spark. This here was the mech who carried me all the way to Iacon. The one who refused to offline me in the arena. I owed this mech my life even if he might of been the one ending it if things didn't turn out how they did.

"Oh my Primus" Ratchet said and dropped a medical tool on the floor, "don't do that, Megatronus, you will give me a spark attack" the medic complained.

"I am so sorry, Ratchet" a small red and blue mech apologised, "Megatronus was just quite eager to see Soundwave" the mechling-looking bot added.

Megatronus was eager to see me. I felt a great heaviness come over me. I couldn't stop my optics from closing. I was just too exhausted to stay awake.

All I could stutter out before I went into stasis-lock was "Mega...tron...us th-thank y-you."

I flash awake with such a jolt I fall off my berth. It is just another memory flux, I tell myself. Laserbeak cheeps nervously as I pick myself off the floor, You okay, boss? he questions through the spark-bond.