chapter 4

The Team Rō manage to escape from from chase thanks to Tenzo who used up all of his chakra to make the wood wall thicker. All the way, he passed out from exhaustion. Team Rō arrived at their hideout-An abandoned building. While Yugao was talking care of Tenzo, Kakashi took care of the food and Banri organized the things they have bought and sealed them all in an empty sealing scroll.

XxX

(You can say that this chapter is like a PoV of our four protagonist!)

Kakashi was known to be cold-blooded in the ANBU, but hey! What can he say, he was going through in a traumatic experience that he was ashamed off. He only got out of his brooding-phase after meeting Team 7. Despite the fact that he knew Hiruzen's reasons why he was forced to retire—While Hiruzen had claimed it was because he wanted him to teach, but he knew the truth. He knew it was to prevent him from becoming another Itachi, another prodigy with a broken mind and stuck in the past bitching about his mistakes. They were afraid he was going to snap,—He was thankful that he didn't rebuked against Hiruzen's decisions, although, you could say that Banri was the reason why he didn't rebuke.

Not that he had the guts to rebuke against the Hokage anyway.

Because of his retirement, he meet Team 7, his not-so-little-cute-anymore-students became his everything.

"Where going to have to depart again."

Kakashi hummed at the announcement, his eyes focusing solely on his book, but he knew Banri knew that he was actually observing. "The reason?"

"Remember that League of shit or something I talk earlier." It wasn't a question, but more like a statement, Banri was just reminding them, "Appearantly." He paused for a moment, as if he was looking for the right sentence, "UA is located in the Musutafu, so its best if we all depart there right now."

"Tenzo, do you think you can still travel by foot?" Kakashi asked his kouhai, he'd consider Banri's decision but, he would have been a terrible senpai if he doesn't look after his kouhai's.

"Almost half of my chakra is replenished. I can manage." Tenzo replied, taking the water from Yugao's hands, mouthing her a quick 'thank you'.

"Then its settled!" Kakashi stood up and closed his book, tucking it through his trusty pouch. He took out an extra storage scroll, that he had personally made yesterday and sealed his bag. "We'll set out right away!"

.

.

.

Tenzo could never considered himself as a good person or a bad person. He was just between those two context, that's all. He had almost kill his senpai's, killed Konoha people—civilians and shinobis alike—that were actually innocent, kidnapped innocent infants and toddlers, to consider himself as a good person.

After the Fourth Great Shinobi War, he assigned to look after Orochimaru and his actions. Let's say that he had followed the Sannin 24/7, not even bothering to take a break. It intrigued him that one day, Sai came and told him he was gonna temporarily replace Tenzo.

It was confusing, really. He hadn't taken any other missions for the past years other than babysitting the bitch Orochimaru, Tenzo had a doubt at the back of his head that the snake was going mental with his mouth that woukd constantly mutter about experimental subjects and such. He headed towards the ANBU HQ and was meet with his old ANBU Team, though, some were not present, but nonetheless it was still his comrades.

Anyways, before they could even officially start the mission, the space-time seal Genma had been working on went wrong all because of a single stupid mistake. He could still vividly felt himself at that time of being sucked in a vortex, his ears felt like breaking itself from the high-pitch screech, his body experiencing nausea that was way worse than riding a carriage.